With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, December 7th
- Enjoy three floors of holiday splendor at the Woodruff Fontaine House’s Victorian Yuletide Open House.
- Munch on superheroes during Marvel Weekend at Milk.
- Let the kiddos party it up in their PJs at Peanut Butter & Jammies featuring Farmer Jason.
- Allow John Williams to add some funk to your Friday.
- Make the roast of your coffee tasting experience at First Friday Coffee Cupping- Roast Level Evaluation.
- Relive the glory of earlier ACDC days at the new Crosstown Theatre during the film screening of Let There Be Rock.
- Make like Buddy the Elf and eat all of the holiday treats at Muddy’s Kitchen Evening Tour & Tasting.
- The Zoo’s gonna be LIT.
- Get jazzy with your fellow jazz enthusiasts at the Orpheum Theatre.
- Bring your dancing shoes to Bar DKDC.
- Kick back with The Kickback at Hi-Tone.
Saturday, December 8th
- Find some hidden gems at the Levitt Shell Garage Sale.
- Snag some goodies from the Memphis Farmers Market to put under your Christmas tree.
- Explore the newly renovated Pink Palace Museum during the Grand Re-Opening.
- Network with SCS teachers and administrators at the SCS Teacher Hiring Fair.
- Reward yourself with brunch after doing hella burpees.
- Twerk for a good cause, not just because during Twerk & Wine TwerkShop.
- Gather, drink, and sing at The Memphis Wassail.
- Enjoy an evening of non-toxic holiday blackness during a Positive Black Christmas at P&H.
- Hang with the psychos at the Psycho Sideshow.
- Issa PJ party at Children’s Museum of Memphis.
- Watch Lebron carry his whole team as they go up against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Take pawsitively perfect pictures with your pups at Carolina Watershed.
- Add some new fixins to your Christmas tree after some DIY-action at Board & Brush Memphis.
Sunday, December 9th
- Make an ugly sweater cake while wearing an ugly sweater at Crosstown Concourse.
- Why have the kids make cookies FOR Santa when they can make them WITH Santa?
- Join Santa for an Irish Omelette or join him for some pepperoni slices.
- Watch some Capote stories come to life at Holiday Memories.
- Shop with the small business owners at Black Christmas Expo.
- Eat Elf themed treats at Primas Tea Party Series (no spaghetti with syrup will be consumed)
- Sip High Cotton and shop the locally-made “gift-worthy galore” at Sunday Funday Art Show.
- Ring in the Holidays with TN Shakespeare Co.’s As You Like It.
- Enjoy an incredible night of music to protect the future of Memphis water.
- Support Tennessee Equality Project & Special Olympics of Greater Memphis with Imagene & Friends.
- Yule come across some quality vintage finds at Mint Cream’s Yule Holiday Market at FOUND.
- It’s Metal Sunday at Growlers with Crowbar/ Burn the Witch/Reserving Dirtnaps/Onus.