With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, December 6
- Come see us for some cozy threads and good gift givin’ at the Choose901 Holiday Pop-Up Shop.
- There will be music, crafts, surprises and all of the pretty lights Delight at Concourse: Holiday Lighting Party.
- See Victorian Village in all its holiday splendor at the Mallory Neely House and the Woodruff- Fontaine House for free.
- Shop til you drop during First Fridays on Broad Holiday Shopping Edition.
- Practice whipping up the best goodies at The Art of Dinner Interactive Cooking Class: Holiday Comfort Foods.
- Feel the spirit of Christmas with MSO at Handel’s Messiah.
- The Stax Music Academy Alumni Band are bringing some holiday cheer to Railgarten.
- Party with the Memphis Roller Derby skaters at The HoHoHo Burlesque Show & Silent Auction.
- Sip-n-sing during A Very Merry Beer + Carols.
- Gather round the firepits at Railgarten for s’mores and Memphis Made brews during YULETIDE FIRESIDE.
- You could walk away from Closing Reception for Unfolding: The Next Chapter in Memphis with some new art made by a local artist.
- You’ll get $5 dollars off if you dress like Kris Kringle for Saint Nick Night at Starry Nights.
- Gather in Chimes Square for Santa, Snow & a screening of Elf.
- Celebrate the dark side of cinema with the Return of Cinematic Panic at Black Lodge.
Saturday, December 7
- We got stocking stuffers and drinkware galore at day 2 of the Choose901 Holiday Pop-Up Shop.
- Cheer on those running in the 2019 St.Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend, and make sure to check the map for road closures.
- The Christmas Craft Show is bringing out 50+ vendors that feature homegrown or handmade goods.
- Memphis Maker Holiday Market 2019 will feature all kinds of gifts that would go great under your tree.
- More than 50 Black-owned businesses are showcasing their goods and services at Black Christmas Expo 2019.
- Toss on those kitty ears for the Ariana Grande: Sweetener World Tour.
- It’s go-time for our Memphis Tigers as they take on Cincinnati in the AAC Championship.
- Suds & Cinema Holiday Party will feature a selection of holiday-themed short films.
- Get into the mixology and tasty bites by local chefs at The Evolution of Cocktails II.
- You’ll get to enjoy some jousting during the Rec Room Rumble Round III.
- Pick out a free cut Christmas Tree during the Holiday Extravaganza-Open House at Urban Earth Garden Center.
- Hear some of your holiday favorites as the Memphis Youth Symphony program presents their Sounds of the Season Concert.
- Enjoy a Neighborly Christmas with Drew and Ellie Holcomb at the Orpheum.
- Kickback with Dope on Arrival during their last show of the season.
- Ha ha ha meets ho ho ho at Cabaret Noel Five: Here We Come A’ Caroling at TheatreWorks.
- The Afro-Caribbean Dance Party will have you shaking it all night long.
- No scrooges allowed as Theatre Memphis presents A Christmas Carol.
- Make a menorah with Hanukkah Crafting at Easel Town.
- Santa’s bringing his naughtiest elves to catch The Dixie Dicks are Gayer Than Christmas in The Green Room.
- You’ll be eatin’ good at the Trap Wing Festival Memphis.
- If you haven’t done your holiday shopping, get it together at the Memphis Modern Market at Railgarten.
- Toss on you best tacky sweater for the 15th Annual Stumbling Santa.
- Sip on free hot chocolate and take a photo with Santa at A Festive Day at Regalia.
Sunday, December 8
- Make something merry and bright at the Metal Museum Holiday Open House.
- Iris Orchestra is doing their thing at the Brooks and their bringing the Zukerman Trio along for the ride.
- A real holiday miracle is The Get Up Kids coming to Memphis and playing at Growlers.
- The Bad Plus are getting jazzy at Crosstown Theater.
- Fashion yourself a Tie-Dye Scarf at the Memphis Botanic Garden.
- Santa is coming to Hollywood Feed to love on your good doggos.
- Tia Pancha a Christmas Story is the classic story of Scrooge with a Latin twist.
- Travel back in time with the Expedition: Dinosaur Exhibit at Graceland.
- Toss a couple back while sippin’ with Santa Paws and benefitting Streetdog Foundation.
- The Memphis Ukulele Band are sharing their new album ‘Holidays Ain’t the Same’ during the Holiday Strum Party.
- Start off your hoppy holiday with the Christmas Ornament Craft Workshop at Crosstown Brewing.
- Celebrate the howl-idays with your pup at the Dog Paw-liday Party.
Looking for more ideas? Check out our 2019 Guide to Holiday Events!