With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, December 27
- Celebrating 20 Years of 1999 will feature throwbacks from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Blink 182, and more.
- New Moon Vision-Boarding Workshop will get you excited to accomplish all the things in 2020.
- Get in on the last few days of Zoo Lights.
- Load up on free s’mores during Firepit Fridays.
- Enjoy pasta with a side of beer and candy with the Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins Spaghetti Dinner at Flying Saucer.
- You could close out the year on Santa’s nice list if you conquer the Naughty or Nice: Limited Edition Memphis Escape Room.
- Gather ’round the fire for the Free S’mores Celebration at Loflin Yard.
- It’s going to be a legendary night of music with Memphis Music Hall of Famer Don Bryant feat. The Bo-Keys at The Green Room.
- The Church Brothers are bringing their jolly jams to The Cove.
- Catch SkipTown & Dirty Streets at B-SIDE.
- Ring the New Year early during Sparkle and Spirit Trolley Night at Primas.
- Take advantage of the privilege to see The PRVLG at Railgarten.
- I can’t think of a better way to spend National Visit a Zoo Day than with all of the critters and critter keepers at the Memphis Zoo.
- Toss on your leather and raise a glass for Joey, Dee Dee, Johnny, and Tommy as you spend An Evening with The Ramones at MURPHY’S.
Saturday, December 28
- Fill the FedEx Forum with blue as the Memphis Tigers take on New Orleans.
- The Love Light Orchestra ft. John Nemeth on vocals will celebrate Memphis’ big band blues-style.
- Growlers is cranking up the tunes for a Not So Silent Night.
- Tora Tora and Damon Johnson are coming to Minglewood Hall.
- Witness some of the finest LGBTQ+ performers in the country during Memphis: Queer AF! December.
- Bring the kiddos out to the Children’s Museum to ring in the New Year’s at Noon.
- There are Cotton Bowl Watch Parties happening at Railgarten, Blind Bear, Highland Axe & Rec, and Soccer City 901.
- Close out your holiday weekend with the Bluff City Backsliders Holiday Extravaganza.
- Memphis Armored Fight Club at Hi Tone will have you traveling back to the times of medieval combat.
- Add some spice to your Saturday night with Memphis Exotic Sip N Paint.
- Soak up all the festive fun of Holiday Wonders at Memphis Botanic Garden while you can.
- Fill your pantry with locally made goods from the CYCFM Winter Market.
- Get crafty at the Mats, Muffins, & Mimosas DIY Workshop.
- Animated Audio: FTW. Vol. 3 will get you grooving at CANVAS.
- Funk away those post-holiday blues at the I.A.T.S.E Local 69 After Christmas Party.
Sunday, December 29
- Get your mind right at the Monthly Meditation Gathering with Daniel Lamontagne.
- Maybe you’ll see Ja dunk on somebody when the Memphis Grizzlies go up against the Charlotte Hornets.
- You’re in charge of the tunes at Juke in the Box.
- Roll with the punches as you take on the Memphis Sushi Class.
- Let your inner Frida Khalo shine during Wine & Paint.
- Black Lodge ShitFest will feature films so bad that they’re good.
- Party hard with the PC Band at Picasso’s.
- There’s art for each of your senses at TRIPS 2020: The Balance of the Opposites.
- Enjoy an evening of honest, raw soul music with Maze ft. Frankie Beverly at the Orpheum.
- Cruise for brews during the Midtown Memphis Brewery Bike Tour.
- Mario Kart 64 US Tour is making its final stop at the Hi Tone.
- If you like to groove and game, you should make your way to 2Young2Die: Electro Clash Dance Party & Retro Game Throw Down.
- Start off your morning with an Old Forest Nature Walk at Overton Park.
- We hope everything on your Make & Take Vision Board 2020 comes to fruition.