With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, December 20
- Swing by the Lamplighter for last-minute, one-of-a-kind, handmade gifts with Pastelware Pop-Up Shop.
- Word on the street is Wiseacre’s latest brew is out of this world so try it at Astronaut Status 2019 Release Party.
- Shop local and cozy up by the fire pits at Holiday Night Market with Memphis River Parks.
- Vibe out with soul legends and snap it up with the speaker wall during the Memphis Soul Pop-Up at Central Station Hotel.
- The Crosstown Jazz Series will put on an unforgettable tribute with The Music of Nat King Cole.
- If you’d rather pass up the Christmas parade to join the Black Parade then Emo Night Memphis Presents: My Chemical Christmas is for you.
- Big Top Tease: Vol III: Happy Holigays will feature some very hot acts… seriously. I hear that there’ll be fire breathing!
- Have yourself a merry little rom-com at The Holiday screening at Overton Square.
- Creative freelancers and entrepreneurs can still get that classic office holiday party experience thanks to the We Don’t Have an Office Holiday Party.
- Go behind the scenes and decorate some sweets with your faves at Muddy’s Evening Kitchen Tour +Tasting.
- Shake it with the spirits and DJ Maverick at Mollie Fontaine’s.
Saturday, December 21
- If you’re regretting not getting that hoodie or sweatshirt from our pop-up and online shop, you’d better come see Choose901 @ Saddle Creek.
- Don Lifted is closing out The Sub-Urban Tour with one final performance at the CMPLX.
- Celebrate all that Boxlot has accomplished and get excited for what’s to come in 2020 as you gather for A Toast to 2019.
- Make the most of the shortest day of the year at Winter Solstice Party at Memphis Made.
- Pick up something that’s been crafted with care from the Handmade Holiday Market Party at Canvas.
- D’Monet’s musical journey has only just begun and she’s spending a portion of it performing at the Green Room.
- Gamble Brothers Band & CYC are bringing a mixture of jazz, metal, funk, rap, and R&B soul sounds to the Crosstown Theater.
- Does Ugly Sweater Karaoke at TJ Mulligans count as caroling?
- Belt out the sounds of the seasons during Noelle Yeah! Annie & Friends Casual Christmas Cabaret at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- Get gussied up to party down at Jingle Jam 2019 (The 6 Year Edition).
- If you’re just plain over it, you’ll be in good company at Goldie and Friends: The Anti-Christmas Show.
- All proceeds from Hip Hop For A Good Cause 9 will go towards making Christmas great for local kids.
- Cheer for our Memphis Grizzlies vs. Sacramento Kings.
- All ages are welcome to rock out during Solstice Social: Rockers, Rappers, Funk, & Cookies at the Pagan Mom House.
- Seeing Santas on the dance floor at the Winter Wonderland Silent Disco would be a wonderful sight.
- Eat all the spaghetti and maple syrup you can stomach in preparation for Elf at the Pink Palace.
- Take the kiddos for some biscuits and jam with the jolly man at Brunch with Santa at Railgarten.
- The Whos of Hauntville want are waiting to meet you during A NOT so Silent Night @hauntedweb.
- Catch John Paul Keith in The Lounge at 3rd & Court.
Sunday, December 22
- Celebrate all that Memphis Current has accomplished as they celebrate their one year anniversary.
- Whip up a batch of baked goods with the 4th Annual Baking Class (Vegan and Traditional).
- You’re cutting it close, but there’s still time for holiday shopping at the Last-Minute Holiday Pop-Up and Open Studio at the Art Factory.
- D.Austin, Tamesha Moore, Dri Dimensional, and DJ X will be showing off their talents during Art Unplugged Holiday Show.
- Celebrate life and love at A Soulful Christmas.
- Bask in female creative brilliance at Visuals & Vibes II: a badass all-female film & design exhibit.
Find even more ideas in our Holiday Events Guide!