Featured photo by Overton Square
With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, Dec. 14th
- See what’s new at Crosstown Arts when Homeward Bound opens.
- Go a-wassailing at A Victorian Holiday with Opera Memphis at the Dixon
- Get acquainted with the new B-Side Memphis at the Shangri-La Records Xmas Party w/ James and the Ultrasounds
- Get into The GROOVE feat. Paul Taylor & the Hi-Jacks in The Green Room
- Lisa Mac & CCDE are sharing the stage at Railgarten.
- Determine who’ll slay and who’ll sashay away during the RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars Season 4 Premiere Party at Rec Room.
- Make some noise for your Memphis Grizzlies v. Miami Heat.
- Jam on with Freeworld Live @ The Crow.
- Do the time-warp again w/ Absent Friends at Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Bumble is spreading holiday cheer at Mollie Fontaine Lounge.
Saturday, Dec. 15th
- Get artsy with the whole fam during the Creative Start Family Art Workshop.
- Preview INSPIRE Cafe before they officially open their doors.
- Celebrate Christmas in Soulsville.
- Watch things get weird at the Time Warp Drive-In: Strange Christmas 5.
- Stock up on local goodies from local makers during the Memphis Maker Holiday Market at Muddy’s.
- Chef Raymond Jackson is whipping up brunch at Today and Always. Don’t forget to Kiss the Cook!
- Deck out your dog in their holiday best for the Holiday Dog Costume Contest at Loflin Yard.
- Exchange a bag of dog food for a free drink and appetizer at Libro.
- Show your love and support for those affected the California fires by cracking open a Resilience IPA at Crosstown Brewing Company.
- Party in your tackiest sweater w/ Wiseacre and The Collective.
- Watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer prove everybody wrong at the Orpheum Theatre.
- Frolic through downtown with Santa’s LIT-tle helpers during the Holly Jolly Cocktail Tour.
- Hang w/ local artists in the Hangzone Vol. 1 at Cooper-Young Gallery.
- Have a hunka-hunka-happy holiday at the Graceland Holiday Concert Weekend.
- Join the Casual Pint’s Watch Party for the Tigers vs. UT Vols.
- DJ Leroy is serving old school soul, funk, and house during SPINS at Crosstown Arts.
- Who will be crowned King or Queen of checkin’ at the You Look Like A Comedy Show at P&H?
- DJ Hush and Nick B. are bringing jingle beats to Young Avenue Deli.
- Hear Louise Page‘s pipes fill the Big Room at Hi Tone.
- Catch the Mighty Souls at the recently opened B-Side Bar in Minglewood Hall.
- Laugh off the stress of the holidays at Two Rivers Bookstore.
- Come naughty or nice to the Naughty or Nice Pajama Party at Railgarten.
Sunday, Dec. 16th
- Enjoy Kandace’s playlist at Hip Hop Yoga.
- Show support for Streets Ministries at their Karaoke Night at Wiseacre.
- Get your Christmas music fix with Manheim Steamroller Christmas at the Orpheum.
- Some local hip-hop artists are giving back with Santa Claus Presents: Hip Hop for a Good Cause 8
- Selfie with the jolly one at Billy Hardwick’s.
- Snap some pics at Holiday Wonders at the Garden while it’s not so cold.
- Hear holiday tales and carols at Overton Square’s Magic & Mystery of Christmas.
- Celebrate Kwanzaa with a Plant Based Feast at Green Goddess.
- Catch the last performance of New Ballet Ensemble’s Nut Remix.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis