With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates.
Friday, August 3rd
- 2pm – Get a taste of Crosstown Brewing Company’s new Mexican Chocolate Stout at Peligro Release
- 3pm – Be there when the doors open for the Choose901 Back 2 School Pop-Up Shop
- 6pm – Take kiddos to Movie Mania – Peter Rabbit
- 7pm – Take a group ride from Memphis Made to The Cove during Beers and Gears
- 8pm – Glide around Sunset Skate: Back to School Edition, or drop in on a showing at Memphis Film Prize 2018
- 9pm – Endure The Night Of Shitty Musicians (free show) at Hi Tone, or catch Negro Terror / Late Night Cardigan / Headdrop at Growlers.
Saturday, August 4th
- 7am- Get bendy on the Back Lawn at Graceland
- 7:30am- Test your balance at SUP Yoga.
- 8am- Be one with the current while you Kayak Memphis Harbor and lend a helping hand at the Slim House Community Clean-Up.
- 9:30am- Crawl, climb, and more at a FREE Team Recess community class, and learn something new and taste something new during Tour of Tasteabilities.
- 10am- Get connected at the Opportunity Memphis Career Fair, learn how to get your music placed at the Music Placement Symposium, and get fit then treat yo’self at Athleta’s Grand Opening Week cont.
- 10:15am- Fly high at the Introductory Aerial Arts Series.
- 11am- Pick up something new, fresh, AND dope at the Choose901 Back to School Pop-Up Shop, enjoy music, mimosas, and a children’s story with the fam during Marvin and the Marvelous Map, and dance it out at Collage.
- 12pm- Taste the new Crystalweizen at Ghost River, and shop local at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- 2pm- Take in some dance and gospel sounds during Mahalia and taste your way through Memphis’ craft brewing scene.
- 3pm- Sing along at the Casual Pint and learn about career opportunities at Career Day.
- 6pm- Lindy-hop to it at the Rumba Room, experience mediation and movement at Delta Groove, and show some love to Tyler Luvv at Memphis Slim House.
- 6:35pm- Get you game on at Autozone Park.
- 7pm- Pay tribute to the Grateful Dead, appreciate black artistry at Black August, rock out with China Gate.
- 7:30pm- Get spooked at the Woodruff Fontaine House.
- 8pm- Laugh it up w/ Eddie B, listen to the folksy-rock fusion that is Erin Rae, and bike under the moonlight w/ Meritan Inc.
- 8:30pm- Discover the terrors of the sea at P&H, and paint a masterpiece at the Issa Vibe Paint Party.
- 9pm- Get entertained and healed at Westy’s Phoenix Nights
- 10pm- Feel the beat drop w/ CosmicSynergy and Daisyland and enjoy some soulful stomp at Blind Bear.
Sunday, August 5th
- 1pm – Brunch with the Reel McCoy at Celtic Crossing, or at Maciel’s Highland, or have Brunch at the Brewery with Ghost River & Flying Sobies Hen House Food Truck.
- 3pm – See a performance of Mahalia – Hattiloo Theatre, or do some wine tasting at Sunday Music at Delta Blues Winery.
- 4pm – Play Gay Family Feud, or stop by REI Play Days: Memphis Free Weekend activities.
- 5pm – Line ’em up at Sunday Funday Cerrito Bingo
- 6pm – Set your intentions for the week during Sunset Yoga Downtown or…
- 7:15pm – Raise your consciousness through Kundalini
- 8pm – See Band of Horses at The Orpheum, or slow down for Sunday Jazz: Earnestine and Hazel’s
Need more ideas?
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Plan ahead with affordable date ideas and ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis