With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, August 16
- Add some new duds from the Choose901 Back to School Pop-Up Shop to your wardobe.
- See Opera Memphis & Blueshift Ensemble team up for an opera about identity, authenticity, and compassion during day one of Continuum Music Festival.
- Taste wines from all over the globe and learn a thing or two at The Science of Wine at the Pink Palace.
- Mingle with special guest artists and shop the sales at Ladies Night Out at Mbabazi House of Style.
- Sandlot Night at the Redbirds featuring “Squints” from the movie.
- Make some new connections Latinx Young Professionals Happy Hour with Latino Memphis.
- Network and have fun with entrepreneurial women at BAWSE Night Out.
- Slip into a bygone era of grandeur with Gilded Twilight Tours at Woodruff-Fontaine House Museum.
- Meet up with Memphis Moms Blog for some slime making at the Imagine Nation Glow Party Play Date.
- Everyone sounds better after a couple of Mai Tais at Atomic Tiki Karaoke Fridays.
- Kick up your heels at Kinky Boots at Playhouse on the Square.
- The 3rd Friday of the month means it’s Reggae, Dancehall, Afrobeats time at Canvas.
- Drop into the new Atomic Rose for their very first Drag Show!
Saturday, August 17
- The Choose901 Back to School Pop-Up Shop is open until 3.
- Support the ANGEL Program at the 2019 Memphis Runs for Autism 5K.
- Female DJs are taking over Hu. Hotel for Ladies Love Day Parties.
- There’s yoga, opera, hip-hop, experimental rock, and more at day 2 of Continuum Music Festival.
- Party with your pup and make some neat keepsakes at the Metal Museum’s Dog Days of Summer.
- Celebrate Global Café’s ONE year anniversary with new Syrian, Sudanese, and Venezuelan fare.
- Pull up to Railgarten to cheers to 10 awesome years of the I Love Memphis Blog!
- There will be so many doggos to admire at the Dog Show at Loflin Yard.
- It’s an easy stroll for at least 5 tasty margs during the 2019 Margarita Bar Crawl.
- Groove around River Play at Sunset Skate Night: Back to School.
- Six contenders face-off to see who’s funniest during You Look Like A Comedy Show at P&H.
- It’s your fave bookstore & cafe combo’s birthday at Novel & Libro Turn Two.
- See the jazzy Jelly’s Last Jam at Hattiloo.
- Enjoy some over-the-top, campy space romps at Time Warp Drive-In: Futurecool – The 1980’s Space Opera.
- Get heartfelt songs of love, loss, and self-discovery at Folk All Y’all: An Evening with Kalyn Fay.
- Get on the good food with a Soul Train Dance Off at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- Slip into the Cove for a sazerac and some him-skain’ with the Bluff City Backsliders.
- College Football Kickoff Party with the Junior League of Memphis.
- Kinky Boots at Playhouse on the Square will help you understand the power of a good pair of stilettos.
- Laugh again with Jim Gaffigan: Secrets and Pies Tour at FedExForum.
- Come grunge or hip hop to the 90’s Queer Dance Party at Spectrum.
- Elvis Week is still going strong at Graceland.
- Make it clap at the Stevie B Twerk Class.
- Break out the bunny slippers for the Pajama Party Family Night at the Dixon.
- Relate to your fellow Memphians at Playback Memphis presents Memphis Matters.
Sunday, August 18
- There’ll be a dad bod contest and a slip and slide at Beach Within Reach Party!
- Pull up to The Corner Store: Back to School Pop Up at the CMPLX.
- Super Low is taking the stage at Railgarten.
- Sunday funday? More like Sunday Run-day at the Breakaway Bardog 5K & Monroe Ave Festival 2019.
- The Goonies will be playing on the big screen at the Pink Palace.
- Explore the city with Tap and Go- Downtown.
- The Wedding Fashion Talk and Tour is an in-depth look at the Wedding Belles gowns and the stories of the brides who wore them.
- Artistik Lounge ft. Buck and Tha Kidd from Marz is going to be an otherworldly experience.