With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday. April 5th
- Celebrate 95 Years of United Way Mid-South during Night to Unite at the Columns
- See some comedians talk some mad $h!t during You Look Like at P&H.
- Treat yourself to something new and locally made during First Fridays on Broad- Spring Pop Up.
- Ashlar Hall is turning into an enchanted forest and you’re invited to get lost in it’s wonder during Rites of Spring.
- Pay homage to the 70’s with some disco divas during The Dragnificent 70’s at the Evergreen Theatre.
- The only way to know what’s going down during the 420 show at Hi Tone is to go.
- Ghost River Brewing is releasing their new IPA, Zippin Pippin.
- Show out for the last installment of the In the Place Series at Clayborn Temple.
- Support the kick ass young women and men of Memphis Inner City Rugby during an Evening For MICR.
- Make your way to Art in the Loop, a 3-day art festival in East Memphis.
- Enjoy a little retail therapy at the Spring Market of Memphis.
- That nerdcore knowledge you thought was useless with definitely come in . handy during Brain Trust at Hi Tone.
- Get a taste of the who’ll be making you chuckle during the Memphis Comedy Festival during an upcoming showcase.
- It’s the first Shop Black Black Friday with Bubble Bistro.
- Head to Health Sciences Park to see the new Dry Rain installation before it’s disappears.
- Memphis Performing Arts Summit: Cultivating Equity
- Whether you’re a beginner or professional, give it all you’ve got during the Open Stage Drag Show at Dru’s Place.
- Discover the Historical Haunts of downtown during the Haunted Pub Crawl.
- Connect with your fellow blacksmiths during Forging on the River 2019.
Saturday, April 6th
- Celebrate the life of Nipsey Hussle during the candlelight vigil at Tom Lee Park.
- Sample some tasty treats during the Easter Dessert Tasting Event at Primas Bakery.
- Opera and cirque performances will collide at Opera Takes Flight.
- The Memphis Farmers Market is back in action.
- The Corner Store Pop Up inside the CMPLX is going to be poppin with goodies made by local black artisans.
- The theme for this month’s Karaoke Competition at P&H is Disney songs. Do with that what you will.
- Silent Party Memphis “Trap Edition III” is designed for the professional crowd to get ratchet for a night.
- Boogie down to Marcella and Her Lovers at Bar DKDC.
- Align your chakras and maybe back that thang up during Hip Hop Yoga.
- There’ll be unlimited wine, wings and jello-shots during the Twerkshop.
- Enjoy some free tunes underneath the starts during the Spring Music Series in Overton Square.
- You might laugh, you might cry, or you might need another drink during the Then What Happened?! Improv Show.
- Cheer on our 901 FC during the watch party at Silky O’ Sullivan’s.
- Play poker in support of the pups at All in for Animals Poker Night.
- Midtown Opera Festival kicks off at Playhouse on the Square.
- Dulcé Sloan is doing her thing during The Black Nerd Power Comedy Hour.
- The peeps at Playhouse on the Square are teaching the youth how to act on camera.
- Bridges is being named the first Brave, Safe, Educated space for LGBTQ+ youth in Memphis.
Sunday, April 7th
- You could find a new fur baby during Tails and Ales at Crosstown Brewing Company.
- Local comedians are doing whatever they want during the Don’t Be Afraid Comedy Special at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- Create a masterpiece with your kiddos during Chalk the Courtyard in Overton Square.
- Watch Wrestlemania 35 at Rec Room.
- Bring the family to AutoZone Park to kick it with the Redbirds.
- Craig Brown Band and Aquarian Blood are kicking off the first show of the River Series at the Harbor Town Amphitheater.
- Create your own wind chimes at the Copper Wind Chimes Workshop.
- It’s the last day to see Madagascar : A Musical Adventure at Circuit Playhouse.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis