With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, April 26
- Shop til you drop at the Choose901 Spring Pop-Up Shop.
- Sip alongside some of Tennessee’s finest distillers during Spirits & Soul Trolley Night
- Experience the essence of fantast versus reality during the Opening Party: Zeinu Mudeser | Visions of Illusion at Art Village Gallery
- Lose yourself in the magic as princesses, ogres, mermaids and more take flight during Fables and Fairytales in Flight at High Expectations studio.
- Clean your plate at the 48th Annual Steak N’ Burger for Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis
- Some of your favorite local restaurants will be serving up something wild during Roar and Pour at the Memphis Zoo.
- Delight in some local theatre during 1984, The Man Who Came to Dinner, and Twelfth Night.
- Obruni Dance Band is bringing the dance party to Railgarten.
- DJ Witnesse is spinning during SPINS at Crosstown Concourse.
- Make sure your fur baby smize at the Glam Paws Pet Photo Shoot.
- Wish South Main Sushi a happy first birthday.
- Laugh it up with Olivia Grace and Eric Freedman at Two Rivers Bookstore.
- Learn what Shelby County Schools is all about during SCS Preview Weekend.
- Catch DJ Willow getting the party started at Molly Fontaine.
- The swag will be limitless during 2019 NPHC Memphis Greek Week at Wknd Hang Suite.
Saturday, April 27
- You know you want to buy that Honey Gold shirt at the Choose901 Spring Pop-Up Shop.
- Skilled skater are showing off what they’ve got during the Demo with Toy Machine – Foundation Skateboards – Birdhouse at Society Memphis.
- Celebrate the latest addition of the Wolf River Greenway trail at the Wolf River Greenway Grand Opening: Epping Way.
- Goats will parkour off your back during Goat Yoga at Health Sciences Park.
- Hips will be a-swinging when Bachata Meets Mambo at the Rumba Room.
- Learn the art of hula hooping, pole fitness, fire eating, and more at the Grind City Flow Festival.
- Learn how you can create a greener future for our community during Down to Earth Festival.
- Pick up something special for whoever you call “mom” at the Cooper-Young Saturday Shop Hop.
- Peruse the East Buntyn neighborhood for good local finds during the East Buntyn ArtWalk.
- BCS Blowout! at Crosstown Concourse is basically a music lovers dream.
- What’s going down at Riko’s Kickin Chicken Trap Brunch? A whole lot of eatin’, that’s what!
- Celebrate your curls, no matter their pattern, during the Memphis Natural Hair Expo.
- Primer: Building Your Resumé is a great resource for artists looking to create and archive their work.
- There’s no such thing as too much food at Midsouth Food Truck Festival.
- Carry heavy things in pursuit of beer during the 2nd Annual BrewRuck901.
- Fill ‘er up fort the pups at Pints for Paws.
- Sip all the brews at Taste the Rarity 2019.
- Enjoy live tunes for a good cause at the Mariposas Collective Fundraiser.
- Cheer on our boys during then Memphis 901FC vs. Charleston Battery game.
- Go back for seconds and thirds during Breakfast for Dinner.
- Pick up some decor for your hizzy at Playhouse on the Square’s 42nd Annual Art Auction.
- Share five minutes of you during Spillit Slam South Main Stories w/ South Main Hemp.
- Obscura: Pastel Purgatory Deux will bring all of the pastel goths and lolitas out to play.
- DJ Justin Hand is back with HANDS UP at Mollie Fontaine.
Sunday, April 28
- Have all the fun of a marathon without running one at Literacy Mid-South’s Zero K at Wiseacre
- Don your fave 2000s fashions for bottomless mimosas at D.Arthur’s 2000s Brunch & Karaoke
- Snuggle up to the marina for Pat Sansone w/Crystal Shine + DJ Scott Bomar at River Series at Harbor Town Amphitheater
- Fill up on mudbugs during the Rajun Cajun Crawfish Fest in support of Porter-Leath.
- Celebrate an dancer’s journey at Evolution (A Burlesque Story)
- Sweat it out with Spincult at Sunset Spinning at Beale Street Landing
- Chill with Josh and Jeremy at Carolina Watershed
- Feel all fancy for IRIS at the Brooks: Itamar Zorman, violin.
- Focus inward and find some peace at Art Body Soul’s Monthly Meditation Gathering.