With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, April 12
- Swap out your work boots for dancing shoes for the Tool Box Bash with Habitat For Humanity.
- It’s the last weekend to kick it with some mythical creatures during Rites of Spring at Ashlar Hall.
- Learn more about the legacy of Orange Mound during the free screening of A Community Called Orange Mound.
- If farmhouse chic is your aesthetic then make your way to the Southern Junkers Market.
- Ballet Memphis is bringing the classic and universally acclaimed ballet Giselle to the Orpheum stage.
- It’s your last chance to win some grand prizes for some crappy drawings at the Last Drink-N-Draw Ever.
- Hopefully, they’ll play Old Town Road during the Hoedown for Hope at Propcellar.
- Send it for the Starks at the Game of Thrones Themed Party.
- Traxman is a veteran of Ghetto house and Juke and he’s performing at The CMPLX.
- Pick up some new plant babies during the Dixon Garden Fair: Plant Sale and the Memphis Botanic Garden.
- Binghampton’s got stories and you can hear them during Spillit & CTC Present: My Binghampton.
- Enjoy some 3-Course Comedy with a side of cackle laughter at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- Dance it up with DJ Willow at Mollie Fontaine.
- Bring a virgin to Rocky Horror Picture Show w/ Absent Friends at Evergreen Theatre.
It’s Game of Thrones night at Seize the Clay.
- Enjoy the final days of Midtown Opera Festival.
- Gather with your fellow curvy girls in the spirit of body positivity at The Curvy Social.
- Get down to some real underground house sound at CANVAS.
- New Ballet Ensemble has put together Springloaded a bold performance that celebrated the promise of youth.
- Pay homage to the 70’s with some disco divas during The Dragnificent 70’s at the Evergreen Theatre.
- Test your wizarding skills during the Escape Room: Harry Potter and the Battle for Hogwarts.
- See what the local fashion design community has been busy working on during Memphis Fashion Week.
Saturday, April 13
- Run the YV5K & 10 Miler for Youth Villages.
- Stock up on some new vinyl during Record Store Day at Shangri-La Records, Goner Records.
- Minglewood Hall is going to packed out for the Lucero Family Block Party w/ Blackberry Smoke, Will Hoge, and More.
- Learn about unique international foods during the Crosstown International Food Tour.
- Close out the Predominately White Institutions exhibit at The CMPLX.
- Beethoven and The Beatles are coming together at the Harris Concert Hall.
- Star & Micey are doing their thing at Railgarten.
- P&H is holding down the punk rock party vibes during the Memphis Family Punk Rock Flea Market.
- Celebrate local authors during Bookstock 2019.
- Enjoy an evening with Kyshona during Folk All Y’all.
- Hunt for Easter eggs with the fam during the Hide and Peep Egg Hunt.
- Growlers is giving away the chance to record your music and music video.
- The Hear901 Music Festival is bringing local talent together for the 5th year in a row.
- Show out for The Kickback: Day La Sol Edition at Railgarten.
- Awaken your body and clear your mind during Rise Yoga Spring Fest 2019.
- Make Your Move Fitness is launching Aerial Yoga at the Kroc Center.
- Meet, compete, and play with other like-minded LGBTQ+ youth during Queer Youth Field Day.
- See what your aura looks like during Aura Photos with John Cappello.
- Cousins Maine Lobster food truck will be parked at Memphis Made Brewing Company. You know what to do.
- Issa puppy prom at The Doghouse Memphis.
- Drop the kiddos off for Kids’ Night Out at Pitter Potter Studio.
- Torture your two-year-old with Easter Bunny Pics at the Oak Court Mall.
- Students of the Memphis Jazz Workshop and prepared to show you what they’ve got during the Jazz Showcase.
Sunday, April 14
- See New Ballet Ensemble soar in Springloaded.
- Have a messy good time deciding who’s the best at Southern Hot Wing Festival.
- Play some kickball and softball at Our Pride is Showing! Pride Field Day.
- Have a frozé and fire away at Tipsy Nerf Battle Brunch.
- Stroll through displays by more than 65 artists at V&E Artwalk.
- You don’t want to miss the service industry turnup at Beale Street Wine Race 2019.
- Experience Handel’s Messiah in its entirety.
- Toss back a “Genie” juice at Primas Tea Party Series – “Aladdin”.
- Catch the finale of Midtown Opera Festival at Playhouse on the Square.
- Join Memphis Ukelele Band at Lafayette’s for beignets and strummin’.
- Spring Music Series at Overton Square continues with Andrew Best and Confetti Park.
- Settle down with great views and grooves at Sunset Jazz at Court Square.
- It’s your last chance to revel with the fairies at Rites of Spring at Ashlar Hall.
- Have a toilet-humor themed cocktail at The Impromptu Poo Poo Pee Pee Comedy Hour Open Mic.
- Join Two Girls and a Whip for breakfast for dinner but in cupcake form at Cupcakes & Cocktails Dinner.
- SUAVO J, SINGA B, and The Getwells have something special for you at Art Unplugged.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis