With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here in the November guide, or peruse the Holiday Events Guide.
Thursday, November 28 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- Skip the cooking and dine out for a cause at Bounty Gives Back.
- Zoo Lights opens at 5:30 so you and the fam can walk off the food baby.
- The Tyrone Smith Revue feat. Super T at Hi Tone is a Thanksgiving tradition that promises to be memorable.
- Memphis’ own Ingram Hill are taking over Lafayette’s with alternative pop/rock and roots rock.
- Tip-up your cup to spins by DJ Breezye & DJ King at The Toast: Thanksgiving Celebration.
- Flying Saucer Cordova is Open at 5 Thanksgiving Day.
- Decompress from all the awkward family questions at Thanksgiving at Celtic.
- Shake it late into the night at the annual Jacksgiving + Bar DKDC.
- Be that person that runs the Memphis Hungry Turkey 5K before you chow down.
- The Original Memphis Turkey Trot is back at the Memphis Botanic Garden.
Friday, November 29
- Choirs, ducks, and the Clauses are ringing in the holiday season at the Peabody Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- Flaunt your fugliest festive wear and burn up the dancefloor at the Ugly Sweater Silent Disco at Railgarten
- Stock up on local and unique gifts during the 3rd Annual “Made in Memphis” Holiday Artist Market at Stock & Belle.
- Ice skate, take a spin on the Ferris wheel and explore the glass maze at Zoo Lights.
- Big Top Tease Vol. VII- Movie Magic is a variety show homage to your fave movies.
- Be dazzled by holiday traditions from around the world at Season of Light.
- Support the local, minority, and women-owned businesses on showcase at the Think Big Shop Small Experience.
- Spend your evening with Blac Youngsta during the “Church On Sunday” Album Release Concert at Minglewood Hall.
- The Dickinsons and friends have come home to celebrate their latest with the North Mississippi All Stars Album Release Party.
- Take advantage of the exclusive Black Friday releases during Black Friday at Goner Records.
- The Cincinnati Bearcats are attempting to take on the Memphis Tigers at the Liberty Bowl.
- Photographer Averell Mondie has seen a lot over the past Five Years, and you’ll see it in his show.
- Get hands-on with the art and craft of blacksmithing at Blacksmith Friday at the Metal Museum.
- We double-dog dare ya to go see A Christmas Story at the Pink Palace.
- Cozy up for s’mores and River Garden views at Firepit Fridays.
- Kevin & Bethany Paige are putting on a family concert night at Holiday Wonders at the Garden – A Season of Song.
- Watch our Grizzlies take on the Utah Jazz at the Forum.
- Excuse yourself from family obligations to have an “Important Meeting” at Ghost River Brewing Company.
- See if you can get back on the “nice” list at Memphis Escape Rooms.
Saturday, November 30 – Small Business Saturday
- Frolic in the snow during Holiday Wonders at the Garden
- Head to the Orpheum to relive the magic of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with a live score by the Memphis Symphony.
- A bunch of local vendors are bringing their handmade items, jewelry, personalized gifts and more to the Bartlett Holiday Market.
- Make your rounds for Small Business Saturday in Cooper Young, at Southern Vintage Co, Makeda’s Cookies, Paper & Clay + Question the Answer, Inspire Community Cafe.
- Get into the holly jolly spirit at the Downtown Memphis Annual Tree Holiday Lighting.
- Make your way ’round town to participate in the Giving Tuesday Scavenger Hunt.
- The Big Wheel Relay Race 2019 will bring out your inner child.
- Get crafty as your Make Your Own: Art Tile.
- Load up on pancakes during Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Trolley Stop Market.
- Celebrating Fifteen Years of 2004 means you’ll be listening to a lot of My Chemical Romance.
- Laugh it up with Benny “Elbows” Fredrick – That Guy You Don’t Know at Theatre Works.
- Make something special to hang on your tree as you Create Your Own Christmas Ornaments at Sensory World Memphis.
- Witness Macaulay Culkin’s mischief during Home Alone at the Pink Palace.
- Participate in a roundtable discussion around the issues and circumstances that shape black male identity during the Artist Talk: State of The Black Man.
- Toss back free beer and support local artists during Art Night at Comeback Coffee.
- Craft your heart out at the Muffins & Mimosas Pick Your Project Workshop at Board & Brush.
- Make your own penguin ornament and maybe win some prizes at the Holiday Season Kickoff at Bass Pro at the Pyramid.
Sunday, December 1
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Delectable Festival.
- Fill your bellies with free hot chocolate during the Overton Square Tree Lighting.
- Deck your tree out with decor from the DIY Ornament Workshop- 3 for $15.
- Have a hootin,’ hollarin’ good time at the Bluegrass Brunch Buffet.
- Dora, Blue, and Rubble want to meet your little ones during Nick Jr. Live Move to the Music.
- The best way to spread holiday cheer is to see Elf at the Pink Palace with someone you love so dear.
- You can’t procrastinate anymore. Get your holiday shopping done at the Holiday Gift & Art Market.
- Kirk Whalum is bringing Wendy Moten to the stage during Kafe Kirk.