Whether you want to virtually enjoy the holiday, or start to get out at a safe, social distance, here are a handful of way you can make the most of the three-day weekend!
Friday, May 22
- The Brooks Museum of Art invites you to explore a variety of mindfulness and creative practices through the Virtual Art & Wellness event
- Social distancing Fridays at Perignons! Safely dine, dance and drink your Friday night away!
- Orion Virtual Levitt Shell series is back this Friday night at 7:30!
- Tune into Sidelines LIVE for updates on all things sports
- Play Cerrito bingo from the comfort of your own living room!
- Make a drink and tune into round 8 of Zebra Lounge with Louise Page the comfort of your own home!
- If you’re well and would like to help the community out, here’s your chance. Oak Court mall is partnering with Vitalant for a (socially distanced and safe) blood drive!
Saturday, May 23
- Ain’t no party like a porch party! Matthew Wilson of the Blue Dreamers will be joining John Nemeth for a Facebook live porch party.
- If you’re interested in hearing stories of our veterans, come by Elmwood Cemetery for Belles of the Battlefield Tour and/or the Civil War Tour!
- New Wing Order and MEMPops will be set up at Redeemer Baptist Fellowship this Saturday! Order some good food and treats and they will bring it out to your car.
- American Legion is hosting their 4th Annual Fun Run for Lunch
- The Farmers Market at the Agricenter is open again for business!
- Q6FA (Quarantine from 6 feet away) is hosting concert #7 for Writer’s in the Round! If you’re looking to vibe to hours of music, tune in and discover some new musicians
Sunday, May 24
- Are you a fan of all things Comics & Collectibles? Well, if so, they are having a live, virtual auction this Sunday at 4pm so make sure to snatch some good pieces while ya can!
- Tune in on Sunday the 24th at 7pm for Ixora Session with Rosey! The show will be streaming on both Ixora’s Facebook and Instagram page for FREE!
- Celebrate Eid this Sunday by attending the Drive Thru Eid Celebration at the Memphis Islamic Center!
- JUICE Orange Mound is bringing the community together at a social distance with the Plant your Pot event! Whether you have a green thumb or not, come out and garden together
- Join Blues City Kayaks for it’s “Introduction to the Urban Wolf River” tour!
Monday, May 25
- Club Fit is here to get you toned this Memorial Day with 3-Twenty Fitness (Cardio, Strength & Tone)
- Join Opera Memphis as they honor fallen service members on Memorial Day with the The Falling and the Risen: Memorial Day Tribute
- Back Beat Tours is hosting Memphis Bike Tour Inaugural Weekend with Bike the Bluffs to best the Quarantine blues with a socially distanced bike ride!
- Black Lodge presents Sunweight LIVESTREAM this Memorial Day