With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, April 19
- Celebrate the re-opening of Phillip Ashley’s new spot during the GO After Party: Phillip Ashley at Hu Hotel Lobby.
- George Orwell’s iconic story 1984 is coming to life at the Playhouse on the Square.
- Satisfy your appetite in pretty surroundings during Food Truck Fridays at the Dixon.
- Group Therapy: A Comedy Show is just what the doctor ordered.
- Paint and Get Lit with David Yancy at the Atomic Tiki.
- Get in on the specials and activities during Easter Weekend at Overton Square.
- Stuff yourself with mudbugs with an All You Can Eat Specialty Ticket at AutoZone Park.
- It’s gonna be a good night at The Good Night: An Evening Showcase.
- Whip up something tasty with your son during Mother Son Chef Night.
- Don your greenest greens for Irish Heritage Night at the Memphis Redbirds game.
- The Clean House at Theatre Memphis will show you that there’s humor and beauty if life’s most unlikely messes.
- Local New Wave and Hip Hop scenes will pay homage Memphis and it’s culture during Treehouse Fest 2019.
- Issa dance party with DJ Wolfy at Dru’s Place.
- Young artists are collaborating to share their stories at The Good Night: An Evening Showcase
- Feel the Island Breeze at Canvas.
Saturday, April 20
- Eso Tolson has curated an evening of good vibes at Crosstown Arts.
- Celebrate the planet at Earth Day at the Zoo.
- Learn all the ways you can pitch in for the pups and cats at MAS Volunteer Orientation.
- Taste your way around the world during Kaleidoscope Food Festival at Wiseacre.
- Experience the indomitable strength of the human spirit during Collage Dance Collective’s Rebirth.
- Get live music and great food at Smooth Living’s Day Party.
- Have some Easter Cookie Decorating Fun at Muddy’s.
- There’s a taco and beer pairing at Wiseacre. That’s it. That’s the whole invite.
- Family Egg Hunt at the Garden
- Celebrate the many cultures that make up Binghampton during the 2nd Annual Binghampton International Festival.
- Find something special at the Spring Makers Market at Crosstown Brewing.
- Turn up with the TKO Crew when The TaKeOver: The Block Party hits Side Street.
- Hopped V is a day full of hoppy beer, music, food, giveaways, and more at Memphis Made.
- Explore the benefits of CBD at Mid South Hemp Fest.
- John Hughes gave us the angsty teen movies that we deserved and Time-Warp Drive-In is paying homage to his genius.
- Two Girls and a Whip is hosting their very first Pop-Up Shop.
- Safe-Keeping opens in The CMPLX and it explores the effects of mass incarceration and the War on Drugs on the Black community.
- Feast your eyes on a vintage fashion showcase during Fox+Cat Vintage’s Strut for A Cause.
- You probably know what that smell is at the 4/20 Grateful Dead Tribute at Railgarten.
- Challenge someone to “a game of horseshoes, a game of horseshooooes” while Arrested Development plays the main stage at Africa in April.
- Of Montreal w/Yip Deceiver at 1884 Lounge 420!
- Head to Brinson’s for the 420 Edition of Trap Jazz.
- Grace Askew, Cameron Bethany, and John Paul Keith are playing Jam for Justice to Benefit the Community Legal Center at B-SIDE.
- Mix it up with multiple floors of ambiance and entertainment at The Black & White Social V.
- Joy is in bloom at the Gay Spring Fling at Club Spectrum.
Sunday. April 21
- EASTER BRUNCH: The Peabody, Sunrise Memphis, Paulette’s, Sweet Grass, 117 Prime, Char, Celtic Crossing, Lafayette’s, Terrace at the River Inn, Rizzo’s Diner.
- Watch them scramble at Easter Candy Drop fro Helicopter at AutoZone Park.
- It’s your last chance to enjoy Rebirth at the Halloran- plus they are serving brunch before the show.
- Have a soulful finale to your weekend at Artistik Lounge feat. Derek Brassel.
- Make your way to Beale Street to celebrate Africa in April.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis