You’ve been trapped at home for long enough! It’s about time we get back to enjoying the Memphis we all know and love, but that doesn’t mean we stop taking necessary precautions. Wear your masks, bring your sanitizer, heck, wear gloves if you feel so inclined, as you pop into these locals spots that have re-opened to the public.
Go say hey to those those wild ones you’ve been missing! The Memphis Zoo has officially re-opened and has taken many precautions to keep you and the animals safe:
- Capacity has been limited to 5,000 visitors at a time
- All visitors must wear mask or protective face fashions
- No cash transactions will be accepted. Card payments, tickets purchased online/by phone, membership cards with the proper ID, and Apple Pay will be accepted
- No external food, drinks, or coolers are allowed in
- Water play areas, indoor exhibits, rides, playground areas, and keeper chat shows will not be accessible at this time
You’ll spot ground signs encouraging social distancing, and hand sanitizing stations throughout the zoo too!
Movie theatre butter, we’ve missed you so! The Malco Summer Drive-In is has re-opened with a $20 carload special that guarantees you a spot! Starting at sundown, you can catch a double feature of Trolls: World Tour followed by the Minions movie, The Invisible Man + The Hunt, Jaws followed by Jurassic Park, and The Fast & the Furious + 2 Fast 2 Furious. Here’s what they are doing to keep you happy and healthy:
- Only 470 cars will be allowed in
- The concession menu will be limited to soft drinks/beverages, popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, pretzels and pre-packaged candy.
- All food will be served in sealed packaging, and refills for popcorn and sodas will not be available.
- Customers will be issued an order number for pickup
- Concession stand access will have separate areas for ordering & item pickup, with clear six-foot ground markings
- Restroom usage will be limited by employees, and restrooms will be sanitized every 30 minutes
*Please wear a mask or face covering when visiting the concession stand or restroom
Why yes, I’d like to share a beer with a friend in a place that’s not my apartment! Fun fact, Ghost River was the first local beer that I’d ever had, so I hope you take that as a reason to have your first post-quaratine beer at the Ghost River Taproom. Their indoor space is still closed, but you can kick in the outdoor seating area if you adhere to the precautions they are taking:
Socially distant taproom hours: Wednesday-Saturday (4PM-9PM)
- There should be no more than six people to a group
- You must wear a mask when ordering inside the taproom
- No more than one person will be allowed to order inside at a time
- Drinks will be served in single use cups which are to be thrown away after using
If you’re still nervous, Ghost River is still offering curbside pick and delivery from 3PM-8PM Monday – Friday, and 12PM-8PM on Saturday.
Hours: Wed, Thur & Sun (12PM-9PM)// Fri & Sat (12PM-12AM)
Here’s to outdoor spaces with good food and drinks to match! Loflin Yard is now open to you and your furry friends, and they’ve got plenty of signs posted throughout the space to remind you to keep 6ft apart!
No worries if you’re not ready to go back to the yard. They’re still offering contactless curbside pickup and delivery options if you’re craving brisket or a frozen drink from home!
Go get yo’self some donuts! I know I will because the cravings have been STRONG! Starting May 15th, Gibson’s Donuts is open 24/7 for curbside pick up and take out only. Only 10 customers will be allowed in the store at a time to practice safe social distancing, so only send one person in to order!
Another Fun fact: My boyfriend taught me how to skateboard during quarantine and I sprained my ankle going down the hill on North Parkway, but that’s not what you came here for. You came here to figure out where you should go skating this weekend! Society Memphis is back open to the public and they’ve got new hours and new protocols to abide by until things are back to “normal.”
Shop hours are now Mon-Thurs (8AM-7PM), Fri-Sat (8AM-9PM) & Sunday (12PM-7PM)
- Only 20 skaters allowed in park at a time
- Until further notice, it’s $10 for a 2-hour session. Sessions begin when you arrive, and a bracelet will mark time arrived.
- There’s no hanging out allowed in the skate shop/coffee shop
- Masks are not required, but you should wear them because the cool kids do
- Saturday Skate School has returned, with only 10 kids allowed to sign up per class
- Card payments are preferred
I’ve missed shopping, and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way! The creatives over at Arrow Creative have missed sharing their work with you, and they are welcoming you back into their space , but be mindful of the new measures they are taking to keep you and their staff safe!
- Shop hours will now be held Thursdays-Saturdays from 11AM-4PM.
- Masks must be worn, and keep shopping groups to a minimum of two people.
Curbside pick up is still be offered during these times.
Fresh veggies, fresh meats, fresh cheeses, and more… WHAT WHAT! This Saturday is Opening Day at the Memphis Farmer’s Market downtown, and here’s what you should know so you can enjoy it:
- Face coverings must be worn to access the market
- Keep your furry friends at home, but service animals are always welcome
- Be prepared with cash and card because payment methods will vary across vendors
- Please no lingering at a single stall to allow all shoppers to make the most of their time and the space
- There will be 6ft markers placed throughout the market to encourage social distancing
- They will be closely monitoring the number of people entering the market, and once capacity is hit, they’ll allow one person in for every one person that exits