More local spots are getting back to business, and we’ve got a three-day weekend to go enjoy them! But like we’ve said before, and will continue to say until doctors tell us we don’t have to, wear your masks, wash your hands, pack the hand sani and all the wipes— and enjoy the Memphis that you’ve missed!
View this post on Instagram
As we prepare to welcome back guests ahead of #MemorialDay weekend, Team Graceland is committed the health and safety of everyone on our campus. Learn more about the protocols we've put in place to ensure your visit is safe, comfortable, and everything your family is dreaming of at www.graceland.com/covid #graceland #elvis #elvispresley #elvispresleyfans #memphis #tennessee @memphistravel @ilovememphisblog @elvis
Can I get a hunka hunka HALLELUJAH! Graceland is back, and here’s how they plan to keep you safe:
- All Graceland Associates are required to wear masks while at work.
- Guests are highly encouraged to wear masks, as well. Additionally, anyone who is persistently coughing or sneezing – for any reason – will be asked to wear a mask during their visit.
- All Guests and Associates will be required to undergo temperature check screenings upon entering the property. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be permitted to enter.
- Graceland Mansion tour capacity has been reduced to 25% to allow for proper social distancing.
- Shuttle seating capacity will be reduced by 50%.
- Restaurants will offer both indoor and outdoor seating at 50% capacity.
- Signage has been placed throughout the 200,000 square feet space to create awareness of proper physical distancing between guests.
For added precaution, buy your ticket and parking pass in advance online and select the “EMAIL” option so you proceed to the tour without having to visit ticket windows.
*Contactless payment options, such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, are also available in ticketing, retail and restaurants*
Fancy a stroll in the garden? Memphis Botanic Garden is ready for you to come explore the flora that’s been thriving in their space, and here’s how they are keeping the cooties at bay:
- Their new May hours are Tuesday-Sunday (9AM-5PM)
- Starting Monday, June 1st, the Garden will resume with their regular daily hours (9AM-6PM)
- Make sure to buy your tickets in advance to help keep things contactless.
- Only outdoor spaces are reopening currently.
- The Children’s Garden, the red bridge, and PreHistoric Plant Trail will remain closed for now.
- There will be one set of bathrooms open on the grounds (behind the stage and adjacent to Sara’s Place).
- Fratelli’s restaurant is open for call-ahead orders with curbside pickup or on the grounds dining.
- Groups of 10 or less, and masks are strongly encouraged.
- The retail plant shop will remain available for online purchases only at this time.
Need an escape from your home? How’s about you escape from one of the Memphis Escape Rooms, instead? We know you’ve missed all of their riddle and tricks, but the time has come to test your wits.
- All rooms are private, so you won’t have contact with any strangers.
- Gloves will be provided for guests who want them.
- No waiting will be allowed in the lobby, as they are asking guests to wait in their cars until they send a text for them to come in.
- Only certain rooms are open to the public, but some rooms are still available online for live escape room experiences.
View this post on Instagram
Capture fun moments daily at the AWM. . . . #vintage #vintagestyle #vintagemall #vintagestore #vintageshop #vintageshopping #midcentury #antiques #antiquestore #antiqueshop #antiquemall #antiqueshopping #antiquing #letsgoantiquing #memphis #memphisantiques #memphisantiquestore #901 #9oh1 #choose901 #bluffcity #nothinglikeusinmemphis #summerave #bluffcityweekend #shop901 #midtownmemphis #explorememphis #wearememphis #the9oh1 #vintagecamera @tess.alexandra @lover.gif
Get in losers, we’re going thrifting! No, but for real, take a break from all that online shopping, and make your way to Memphis Antique Warehouse Mall to do a little treasure hunting.
Make sure to mind your masks and mind your space as you search for goodies!
Look at all those fresh veggies! The Farmer’s Market at Agricenter International has begun operation for the 2020 season. For the time being, they are only open Tuesdays, Thursday, and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Crafts and other non-food items will not be available at this time.
View this post on Instagram
✨ OPENING UPDATE ✨ After careful consideration, we have decided to open two of our dining rooms this week. First and foremost, we are so excited to see you again! It has been a tough season for everyone, and we’re just so grateful that you’ve been there for us through it all. Our Midtown location will open Wednesday, May 20, and our Southaven location will open Thursday, May 21. We are going to do our very best to keep you safe, and we ask that you would do the same for us. We encourage our guests to wear your masks as you stand in line and before you are seated at your table. Click the link in our bio to see opening dates for all other locations, plus details on how we'll be keeping you safe while you dine with us. P.s. We are still offering curbside pickup, delivery, online ordering and catering! ❤️
We can FINALLY stop shooting toothpicks into our ceilings as an ode to one of our favorite burger spots! Hueys has re-opened their Midtown and Southaven spots, and the other locations will follow suit soon, but we’ll take what we can get until then. Before you bounce on over to grab a burger, see how they are keeping folks happy and healthy:
- Sanitation stations have been placed around the restaurant, for public use, as well as employees.
- All employees will be wearing masks at all times – no exceptions.
- Glove change/hand washing will occur after bussing every table.
- Extensive sanitation of all tables, booths, hand rails and door handles, at least every thirty minutes.
- A QR code sign on each table will take you straight to a virtual menu (Disposable menus available if needed).
- Employees and vendors will have their temperatures taken daily AND employees are subject to a COVID-19 screening questionnaires.
If you’re not ready to dine in, they are still are offering curbside pickup, delivery, online ordering and catering!