TEDx is a nonprofit organization dedicated to spreading intelligence, ideas, and inspiration throughout the world. Twenty-six years ago in 1986, the brilliance of TEDTalks was born in California with the idea of bringing the world’s leading thinkers and doers to the stage. In 18 minutes or less, these impactful men and women are asked to give a speech on their lives and their success as professionals.
Although the three major TED events held each year take place Vancouver, British Columbia, and Scotland, the TEDx initiative grants free licenses to people around the world to organize TED-style events in their communities, already allowing for more than 5,000 TED events to be held.
Get ready, eager learners and educators, TED talks is coming to Memphis, and bringing you 17 of the worlds most inspirational speakers.
Check out the lineup here:
- Robert B. Carter: Executive Vice President, FedEx Information Services
- Gabriel Fotsing: Founder and CEO, The College Initiative
- Cliff Goldmacher: Songwriter, Producer, Engineer, Author, and Educator
- Loretta Jackson-Hayes: Associate Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Rhodes College
- Ephie Johnson: President and CEO, Neighborhood Christian Centers
- Dr. Scott Morris: Founder and CEO, Church Health Center
- Kimbal Musk: Investor, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, and Chef
- Marco Pave: Hip-Hop Artist, CEO of Radio Rahim Music, LLC
- Dr. Sarah Petschonek: Founder and CEO, Volunteer Odyssey
- Dr. Todd Richardson: Co-leader, Crosstown Concourse
- Derwin Sisnett: Co-founder and CEO, Gestalt Community Schools
- Katie Smyth: Founder, CEO, and Artistic Director, New Ballet Ensemble
- Dr. Stacy L. Spencer: Senior Pastor, New Direction Christian Church
- Melissa Anderson Sweazy: Filmmaker and Essayist
- Dr. Kathleen Gallagher: Clinical Assistant Professor/Educational Psychologist, School of Educations at University of North Carolina
- Lieutenant Colonel Jon S. Jackson: Deputy Chief Defense Counsel, Office of Military Commissions
- Jason Wexler: President of Business Operations, Memphis Grizzlies Inc.
The event will be a day long conference held on the University of Memphis campus, and will be an experience you won’t want to miss:
- When: Saturday, August 29, 2015
- Where: Rose Theater at The University of Memphis
- Cost: Click here to buy tickets (starting 8/1)
- Regular admission: $75 (includes conference, lunch, parking, and after-party admission)
- Students with valid student ID: $30
Join the event page here for updates.