The lineup for the Spring 2017 River Series concerts to benefit The Maria Montessori School has been announced.
This annual music series gives Memphis residents an opportunity to see talented local and national musical acts, enjoy the spring season on the scenic Wolf River Harbor, and benefit a local school.
- Where: 740 Harbor Bend Rd, 38103
- When: Sundays, DJs start at 3pm and live music at 4pm
- Cost: $5 suggested donation
- April 23 – Rev. John Wilkins with Crystal Shrine (Kelley Anderson, formerly of Those Darlins)
- May 21 – Tobin Sprout (of Guided By Voices) with Elf Power
- May 28 – UK alt-rock legend Robyn Hitchcock with Robby Grant (Big Ass Truck/Vending Machine/Mouserocket)
“The annual River Series aims to bring Memphis residents together for great music in a unique and intimate setting,” said Zac Ives, co-owner of Goner Records. “We are here to support Maria Montessori School as well, so we’re always thrilled to see a packed amphitheater. We expect this year will be no different.”
Sponsors of the Spring 2017 River Series are Regional One Health, Goner Records, Shoulder Tap Records, Wiseacre Brewing, Miss Cordelia’s Grocery, The Memphis Flyer and Bluff City Pizza Company. There is a minimum donation request of $5 per person at the door, with all proceeds benefiting The Maria Montessori School. The series is curated by Goner Records and Shoulder Tap Records; funded in part by a grant from the Downtown Memphis Commission.
See more upcoming events here.
About The Maria Montessori School:
Founded by Maria Schuermann-Cole, The Maria Montessori School is an AMI-certified Montessori school located in Harbor Town in Downtown Memphis. The school serves to educate a diverse student population, ages 18 months to 14 years, using traditional Montessori principles.