If there’s one thing this pandemic has taught me, it’s how to show love for my people. It’s also helped me discover many ways I can pour love into the relationship I have with myself. Since Cupid can’t come to town, what with social distancing and all, he’s handed off the bow and arrow to us, and we’re tossing it to you—or rather just throwing out suggestions for where to aim it to spread love across our city, and to your crew.
Special Goods and Services to Help Commemorate the Occasion:
Photo: RM Petit Cakes “Stuck on You” Cactus Cookies
- RM Petit Cakes located inside Primas Bakery & Boutique has put together a Valentine’s Day menu that has plenty of sweet treats for your sweet one. Take a look and order here.
- Quintessential Sweets has a tasty selection of Valentine’s Day treats available for pre-order here.
- Everbloom Designs invites you to make Valentine’s Day Pre-orders for floral arrangements, because not everyone wants a dozen roses! All V-Day orders are 10% off until February 5th. Call the shop to place an order -> (901) 930-5938
- Phillip Ashley Chocolates just released a limited edition drop of spirit filled hearts called Love Drunk that can be shipped by February 8th if you order them soon enough. Place orders here.
- Mempops has $15 Chocolate Dipped Pops, and $12 half-dozen dipped and drizzled strawberries available to order. Call a store, or email email@example.com.
- Premier Flowers has a variety of floral arrangements available for same-day delivery and in-store pick up. See their selection here.
- Chef Tam’s Underground Cafe has put together Valentine’s Day Boxes that have all the grub to fill your hearts and feed your appetite. It features either one Tomahawk Steak OR Grilled Salmon to share, double Garlic Butter potatoes, double asparagus OR Maple Pecan Green Beans, honey butter rolls, a grilled Strawberry Shortcake to share, two premium cocktails, and a bottle of Champagne! Order yours here.
- Madonna Learning Center invites you to give a gift that gives back! They’ve created gift boxes featuring items that have been handmade with love by their students and adults that will be ready for pick up on February 11th and 12th. Contents include: 2 mini bottles of Sweet Rosé, two cookies made by their Monarch Chefs, a wooden heart made by students, and a Valentine’s Day card to be personalized by you. Purchase your gift box here.
- Cocozza Memphis wants to help you turn you home into a romantic Italian Ristorante with their Lady & the Tramp package! Not only does it include a 5 course meal featuring tasty options like Seafood Cannelloni, Vodka Rigatoni, Filet Mignon Barolo, and more—but you get your own table cloth set up, a candle and pre-made playlist to set the mood, and a Sicilian Spritzer or wine and bubbles to enhance it all. If you’d rather get out of the house to experience the good times, they are also accepting dine-in reservations. Call 901-523-0523 to book or to order your dinner for home!
- Char Restaurant has put together date night to-go packages available for pre-order that include two entrees, a dessert, a bottle of wine, and even more fixings to bring that fine-dining experience to your own digs. Call 901-249-3533 to order.
One Time Only Events:
- Thursday, February 11 (6PM-8PM)
- 2020 had us all outta wack, but it’s time to gather with your girlies and get things back on track. The Galentine’s Day Glow Up Event will leave you with professional tips and best practices that’ll help you slay the competition day after day—and you could win some free skin care services like botox, an Opus Venus Plasma Treatment, and etc.
- Friday, February 12 (6:30PM- 8PM)
- Call up your favorite gal pals for a special night featuring wine and floral arranging! Arrow Creative is hosting its very own Galentine’s Day Flower Arrangement Workshop where Joanna Bernardini of Snapdragon Floral will lead a class showcasing her expertise in floral design. Class sizes will be limited due to COVID restrictions, so move fast on those tickets for you and your ladies.
- Friday, February 12 (7PM- 9PM)
Looking for a unique way to spend your Valentine’s Day weekend? No matter if you’re single, in a relationship, or somewhere in the middle, the “Be My Valentine” spin class is the perfect place for you to get your body ready for a weekend of loving yourself and others. Tickets start at $25, you can purchase here.
- Saturday, February 13 (7PM- 8PM)
- Finding love during lockdown doesn’t sound easy, but that didn’t stop three beautiful ladies from looking. Cazateatro Theatre Group has the scoop, and they are really spicing things up with this production. You won’t want to miss it. Grab your tickets to tune into the show here.
Valentine’s Day Eve Bob Marley Tribute Show at Brinson’s Downtown Memphis
- Saturday, February 13 (6PM- 9PM)
- Spend this Valentine’s Day embracing reggae culture and music. Brinson’s Downtown Memphis is hosting a special night of Bob Marley tribute performances by YUBU and the Ancient Youth Band. This event will be catered to COVID-19 safety protocols. Book a table for you and your loved one here.
- Saturday, February 13 (6:30PM- 9:30PM)
- Treat your boo to a night of sippin’ and paintin’ with Any Dae Creations. There’ll be a DJ spinnin’ the smooth jams, and a bartender whippin’ up adult treats while you’re busy making a masterpiece with your special person. All materials will be provided at the event, and masks will be required. Doors open at 6:30 PM and painting starts at 7:30 PM.
Who doesn’t like reading sweet sentiments? There’s a selection of cards for you to choose from, featuring layouts inspired by patient art, that you can send to St. Jude patients and families to spread the love.
- Want to enjoy a truly unique and fun event from the safety of your own home? Appetite4Seduction is offering a number of virtual cooking classes perfect for romancing the love of your life. In the classes, you’ll have the chance to learn how to create a sensual meal for two. Tickets start at $49.99, you can purchase here.
- Memphis River Boats is offering a special Valentine’s Day Dinner & Music Cruise this year. Spend the night enjoying a lovely candlelight dinner alongside a view of the gorgeous Mississippi River. The cruise lasts for two hours, you can purchase tickets here.
Can’t Help Falling in Love Package at Graceland– Available Feb. 12-14
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day like the King and Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll at the Guest House at Graceland! The “Can’t Help Falling in Love” Package includes a one-night hotel stay, two tickets for the Elvis Experience Tour, a bottle of Elvis Wine for two with complimentary Dinstuhl’s Chocolates, dinner for two at the Lobby Bar, and breakfast at the Shake, Rattle, and Go Cafe. Tantilizing hip swings, not included, but feel free to bring your own!
Valentine’s Themed Adult Cookie Class with Frost Bake Shop – Feb. 11 & 13
- Bake something made with love for the special someone of your life this year. Frost Bake Shop is putting on a special Valentine’s Day-themed cookie bake class this year. Class sizes will be limited due to COVID restrictions, so move fast on those tickets!
Playhouse on the Square Date Night Cabaret– Feb. 13 & 14
- Thanks to Playhouse on the Square, you can enjoy a night at the Cabaret from the comfort of your couch! They’ve joined forces with Macaronagerie Memphis and Pugh’s Flowers to get the mood set right with tasty treats and a table set up that includes flowers and bottle of champagne—and Playhouse is giving participants access to a hour-long digital cabaret featuring musical theatre love songs performed by their Resident and Associate company members!
Packages will be available for pick up at Playhouse on the Square beginning at 10AM on Thursday, February 10th and must be picked up by 6pm on Saturday, February 13th!
- Want to wine and dine, and paint something on the side? Make your way to Chef Tam’s Underground Café for an all-you-care-to-eat brunch experience that featuring live painting and music, bottomless mimosas, and more! The festivities are from 12PM-2PM.
- Spend this Valentine’s Day gettin’ those steps in for a good cause. Bartlett Baptist Church is hosting the 24th St. Valentine’s Virtual Run. You have the option of completing the run at your own leisure during the week of February 6-13th. The proceeds from the run will go to the Bartlett Parks & Recreation Department.
- Register for the race here.
- If you plan on enjoying a vacation or staycation at the wilderness-inspired hotel located in the Memphis Pyramid, you can up the ante in celebration of love. They’ve put together two different add ons that feature champagne flutes, chocolate strawberries, roses, and red velvet cake to sweeten the deal.
- Book your stay here.
- Send something special to that special someone AND benefit our local theatre scene at the same time! For $50, you can send a Love Note which consists of a 750ml bottle of Meiomi Pinot Noir, two stemmed, 16 oz. wine glasses etched with the Theatre Memphis logo, four wine charms created from their historic Stage Floor Creations stock, two Dinstuhl’s chocolate bars, and a Love Notes card for your own message. You also get to choose from select audio in the form of love songs or sonnets read by some of Memphis’ finest talent.
- Purchase a Love Note here.