Rainy weather doesn’t mean you have to stay home! Grab your umbrellas and rain boots then check out these suggestions below.
Museums & Tours:
So you’ve lived here for years and still haven’t gone to any of our world famous museums? Now is your chance!
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Open Wed-Mon from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Tickets are: $15 for adults, $14 for seniors & students, $12 for kids (4-17)
- Tennessee residents can visit the museum for free on Mondays from 3 p.m. until 6pm.
- Hours are 9:00am-5:00pm Mon-Sat and 9:00am-4:00pm on Sundays
- Ticket prices vary depending on the tour you choose, go here for details.
- Free walk-up visits are available to the Meditation Garden, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. daily.
- Pink Palace Museum
- Mon-Sat: 9:00am-5:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Find out what is playing in their Giant Theater this summer
- Museum exhibits are free on Tuesdays from 1pm-5pm (excludes IMAX).
- Brooks Museum of Art
- Wednesdays: pay what you can from 10am-8pm
- Thurs-Fri: 10am-4pm
- Saturday: 10am-5pm, Sunday: 11am-5pm
- Tickets are: $7 for adults, $3 for students and kids (7-17), 6 & under are free
- Click here to see upcoming films.
- Memphis Rock n’ Soul Museum
- Open daily from 10:00am-7:00pm
- Tickets are: $12 for adults & $10 for kids (5-17)
- The museum is free for Shelby County residents on Tuesday afternoons from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music
- Open Tues-Sun from 10:00am-5:00pm
- Tickets are: $13 for adults, $12 for discounted rates, $10 for kids (9-12), & free for 8 and under
- Admission is free to Shelby County residents from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Sun Studio Tour
- Open daily from 10:00am-6:00pm
- Tickets are: $14 for adults, and free for kids (5-11), children must be at least 5 yrs old to be permitted.
- Gibson Guitar Factory Tour
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-6:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Tours are: $10 per person, children must be at least 5 yrs old to be permitted
- St. Jude Tour
- Mon-Fri: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Peabody Ducks
- Every day at 11am and 5pm, pomp and circumstance takes on new meaning in the grand lobby of the Peabody Hotel. This is when the great Peabody Ducks, five North American Mallards, arrive and leave the hotel fountain, a grand procession complete with red carpet, official introduction and visiting paparazzi. The Peabody Duck March is completely free and open to all.
Entertainment & The Arts:
- Hattiloo Theatre
- Baobab Filmhouse
- Malco Theatres
- Shows at The Orpheum
- Events at The Halloran Centre
- The Orpheum Summer Movie Series
- Free movies at Clayborn Temple
- Indie Memphis Film Series: Indie Wednesdays
- Playhouse on the Square
- Theatre Memphis
- Ballet Memphis
- Collage Dance Collective
- New Ballet Ensemble
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra
- Go bowling at one of these spots
- Sky Zone – trampoline park
- Urban Air Trampoline & Adventure Park
- Check out their Grand Opening in Cordova on May 27th!
- Battlefront Lasertag
- Mon-Fri from 9:00am-5:00pm (with reservations)
- Sat-Sun from 10:00am-5:00pm
- Main Event Entertainment
- Bowling, laser tag, & more.
- Incredible Pizza
- Lasertag, arcade, go carts, & more.
- Mid-South Ice House
- Check out the public skate schedule here.
- Rock Climbing at Bridges
- Check out the public rock climbing schedule here.
- Pinot’s Palette Cordova
- Come paint and sip at Pinot’s Palette, read about it here.
- Visit the Rec Room for video games, local beer, and more.
Discover your way out of an escape room.
Escape rooms are a type of physical adventure game where people are willingly locked in a room with other participants and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit. Grab some friends and book a room at Memphis Escape Rooms, Broad Escape Rooms, or I Escaped Memphis, and see if you can make it out!
Breweries & Distilleries:
For those of you who are 21+, take advantage of the day to enjoy a brew or tasting tour with your pals.
- Memphis Made
- Thurs-Fri from 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Saturday: 1:00pm-10:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Ghost River
- Wed & Thurs: 4pm–10:30pm
- Fri & Sat: 12pm–11:00pm
- Sunday: 12pm–9:00pm
- High Cotton
- Tues-Fri: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 2:00pm-10:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-6:00pm
- Mon-Thurs: 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Fri-Sat: 1:00pm-10:00pm
- Pyramid Vodka
- Wed-Fri: Tours start at 2pm, 3pm, & 4pm.
- Saturday: Tours start at 10am, 11am, 12pm, & 1pm.
- Old Dominick Distillery
- Monday, Wednesday 12pm-4pm
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday 11am-6pm
- Sunday 1pm-5pm
- Tours start on the half hour.
- Last tour starts 1 hour before closing time.
Memphians are known for being generous and hospitable. Here are several ways to volunteer your time or resources to those who need it most.
Check out more ideas:
- Start a trivia team
- Try a new restaurant, Donut shop, Coffee shop, or patio
- Go ghost hunting
- Check out the Memphis Library and their free programs
- See and create art
- Take a workshop at Five in One Social Club
- Join a book club
- Go to a comedy show