South Main Trolley night has been a tradition on the last Friday of every month since 1998. Businesses, shops, restaurants and galleries open their doors for one big festival, where anyone is welcome to come enjoy live performances, food and beer. This time around (since the trolleys are temporarily out of commission) it’s going to be called “South Main Hybrid Bus and Gallery Tour.”
Here’s a lineup of music and entertainment:
- Roger Wild & Bobby O’Neil @ Rizzo’s Patio: Listen to Roger’s wild Come to Memphis!
- Savannah Long @ Green Beetle
- Delta Joe Sanders & Friends @ Art Jamn
- Crissy Owens @ D’Edge/Book Juggler
- Steve Reid @ Charlotte
- Eric Crays @ A Memphis Thing
- Tim Plunk & Chris Johnson @ Double J
- Pistol & the Queen @ Ernestines (9 p.m.)
- Bud Summers@ Douglas & Assoc. and Grawemeyers
- New Ballet Ensemble @ The Dock
- Samantha Crespo, author of “100 Things To Do in Memphis Before You Die”
- Painter Rashad Madyum
- Kari Fleskes Jewelry
- Painter Michael Maness
Some of the other events include music by Mark Edgar Stuart at Signal Flow PR featuring Ghost River beer, Isis Dance Academy at the Bocce Ball Court, and a Picnic Party at Red Velvet Vintage Clothing.
One of the most exciting events of the night will be a wine reception at Sue Layman Lightman‘s gallery for her exhibit “Adventure of Love.” Sue is a local artist who does oil paintings that feature bright colors and contemporary designs. Her gallery is open weekly on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 11 am-3 pm.
Trolley night is from 6-9pm and is free and open to the public. Follow Trolley Night on Facebook for details on the event every month.