Porcellino’s Craft Butcher is the latest brainchild of Andrew Ticer and Michael Hudman (Hog & Hominy, Andrew Michael’s Italian Kitchen), and is described as a community butcher shop and sundry store.
With head butcher Aaron Winters, Porcellino’s offers meat cuts sourced from regional farms such as Newman Farm in Myrtle, MO for their pork and lamb, and Double H Farm in Nashville, TN for beef. They hope to grow a wider partnership between the community of eaters and the farmers who provide the food we eat.
Porcellino’s will also feature fresh and dried pastas made daily, and charcuterie, both fresh and cured, as well as cookbooks and other items that will assist the home cook in preparing a meal. Attached to Porcellino’s is the Double Bird, a community wine and cocktail bar that will offer cichetti (tapas/snack style of food meant to share).
Meant to serve as a gathering place for the community, Porcellino’s and the Double Bird will bring together Ticer and Hudman’s philosophy that a great meal includes a sense of community.
Today we went to check out their coffee and pastry selections (available today and tomorrow from 6am-4pm). They offer several different coffee drink options and roasters (one of which is the locally operated Relevant Roasters). Today I tried the Huckleberry Ethiopian blend pourover, and it was super flavorful with a hint of strawberry and blueberry. They are also offering a Breakfast Sandwich special today and tomorrow.
Check out the Cinnamon Roll and Apple Cider with a homemade marshmallow (they hope to start selling their marshmallows as well so you can take them home).
Here’s what we found out today:
- You can call them at (901) 762-6656 to place any butcher shop orders and pick them up until 7pm
- Their dinner menu will start being offered this Friday from 4pm-10pm (their full menu will be online soon)
- They will offer Cicchetti style plates in the traditional style of Italian families sharing their meals
- They have an extensive beer and wine menu with Wiseacre on Tap (and hope to have their liquor license soon)
- Their hours will be 6am-10pm starting Friday (breakfast from 6am-11am, lunch from 11am-4pm, and dinner from 4pm-10pm)
- Location: 711 W Brookhaven Circle (next to Hog and Hominy)
- Hours: 6am-10pm starting this Friday