We all rely on them, and let’s be real, most of us have been one of them at some point in our lives. In fact, maybe we still are. Service industry workers sacrifice their holidays, favorite concerts, and weekend nights so that we can get those pre, or post-game drinks, enjoy dinners with friends, date nights, birthday parties, and so much more.
Sometimes tipping 20% just doesn’t quite cut it as an appropriate “Thank You!” for all that they do.
That’s why dozens of local businesses have been creating entertaining nights out with drink specials specifically for our beloved service industry workers.
We have compiled a short, but by no means complete, list of some of our personal favorite service industry nights at local bars and restaurants:
- Bar DKDC (Cooper Young) – A new addition to the industry night scene, DKDC is offering drink specials and a drag show with your favorite local queens that starts at 9pm on Monday nights.
- High Cotton Taproom (Medical District) – $4 pints every Tuesday night.
- Cafe Ole (Cooper Young) – Weekly drink specials on Wednesday nights.
- Celtic Crossing – Every Sunday evening starting at 5pm, the bar offers domestic bottles and shot specials to local servers and bartenders.
- Belle Tavern (Barboro Alley) – Happy hour everyday, all day for service industry workers.
- Printer’s Alley (Midtown) – The service industry bar is now open every night of the week and offering drink specials including $10 buckets of domestic beers & karaoke on Tuesday nights.
- Memphis Sports Pub (East Memphis) – Drink deals for the service industry on Sunday nights, but any day of the week offers two for one wine or well liquor, & $3 domestic bottles for all service industry workers.
- Growlers (Midtown) – Drink specials from 10pm to close on Monday nights.
- Slider Inn (Midtown) – Drink specials on Sunday nights.
- Tavern 018 (Cordova) – Happy hour is every day from 11pm to close for all service industry workers. Because if anyone understands the need for a drink after closing the restaurant, it’s another restaurant.
- Wiseacre Taproom (Broad Ave.) – $3 pints, and perhaps the best of all the deals listed here, FREE pizza provided by Aldo’s Pizza Pies every third Monday of the month!