Post updated 11/22/21.
If you were to roam around Memphis this time of year, you would think you were at The North Pole. Huge inflatable snowmen and garland hung from every corner, and there are Christmas lights everywhere!
Ongoing Christmas Light Displays:
Starry Nights at Shelby Farms Park – Open through 1/3
- November 27th – December 29th (Closed November 27)
- Open select nights including Christmas Eve + Christmas Day nights.
- Hours: 6 PM – 10 PM
- Get deets and tickets here
With more than 3.5 million lights illuminating the night sky (yes, million!), this is the largest annual drive-through holiday light show and festival in the Mid-South. This year, Starry Nights brings the spirit of the season with an all NEW show! At this social distanced event, you can drive-through, walk, or bike-through on select nights so don’t miss out!
Zoo Lights at The Memphis Zoo – Open through 1/3
- Snow is back at this year’s SunTrust Zoo Lights! You’ll see snow in the Courtyard, the return of the 90-foot LED Ferris wheel, see Santa in his shop, go ice-skating, see live reindeer, enjoy thousands of LED holiday lights, and more.
- Hours: 6 PM – 9:30 PM
- Thanksgiving Day – Open at 6 PM
- Christmas Eve – Closed
- Open at 6 PM on Christmas Day
- Things to know:
- Zoo Lights requires face coverings in ALL areas of the zoo.
- Zoo Lights admission is $10/members, $12/nonmembers
- Carriage rides with hot chocolate and s’mores kit are $10/person
- The enchanted Ferris wheel is $5/person
- Hours: 6 PM – 9:30 PM
Crosstown Concourse – December 3rd
- The 100-foot-tall holiday tree will be lit in the Central Atrium on December 3rd at 5:30 PM! Visit Crosstown and watch the light shine down on refreshments, kids’ crafts, and live music. (Only on December 3rd)
- Hours: Night fall everyday
- The iconic 100-foot-tall holiday tree-shaped lighting installation and four-foot-wide disco ball will shine brightly in the Central Atrium.
- On the plaza, guests are greeted with a magical forest of multi-hued, twinkling holiday trees. Memphis-based artist and educator Lake Newton has transformed the cylindrical white lighting that hangs along Concourse Avenue into an art installation, titled “Nightlife,” that mimics the rainbow of colors observed on night drives through Memphis streets. Plus, the exterior of Concourse will be lit with moving holiday-themed projections every Friday-Saturday from 5:30 pm-8:30 pm through December 26.
Holiday Wonders at the Memphis Botanic Garden – Open through 12/27
- Hours: 5 PM – 8:30 PM
- Holiday Wonders at the Garden runs on select nights through December 27 featuring four distinct areas, each with a different theme but all catering to families, couples, and groups:
- Snowy Nights: Snowy Nights is an outdoor, interactive, family-oriented venue. Bring the family to celebrate the holiday season in our children’s garden!
- Under the Stars Outdoor Lounge: The Under the Stars Outdoor Lounge is filled with welcoming couches, fire tables, and holiday spirits. Concessions and adult beverages will be a step away and holiday cheer will fill the space.
- Yuletide Yard: Yuletide Yard is a family-friendly space filled with fire pits for roasting marshmallows and trees alight. Grab your favorite sips and snacks at the nearby concession area. You may even run into Santa just steps away in Northern Lights on select nights.
- Northern Lights: Northern Lights glows with festive cheer and features Santa’s sleigh and a bubbling fountain. Sips and snacks are just a step away. On select nights, Santa will be here so stop by and make sure you’re on the nice list!
- A series of special evenings are scheduled throughout the season including:
- Santa Paws (Dec. 2, 9 & 10 : May your holidays be furry and bright! Explore Holidays Wonders at the Garden with your pups during the special Santa Pawas nights.
- Santa Sundays (Dec. 5, 12, & 19): Santa will be offering season’s greeting from his sleigh in Northern Lights, our new area with magical glow and festive cheer. Stop by and make sure you’re on the nice list!
- Things to know:
- Masks or face coverings are required for all guests (over two) while at the Garden, including all indoor and outdoor spaces as well as Holiday Wonders at the Garden.
- Parking for Holiday Wonders at the Garden is always FREE and is located in the parking lot near the Visitors Center.
- Ticket Pricing:
- $8 for Members who purchase tickets in Advance
- $10 for Non-Members who purchase tickets in Advance
- $12 for Same-Day Tickets
- Children under two are free!
- Get tickets here.
Enchanted Forest: Festival of Trees at Pink Palace – Open through 12/31
- The Enchanted Forest is a magical experience full of delightful animated characters. Elves are busy making toys while penguins, bears and mice play in the snow. A model train winds its way around a miniature snow-covered village while the nearby Gingerbread Village smells delightful! Thousands of twinkling lights shine from dozens of beautifully-decorated trees lining the mezzanine. Area businesses, churches and other volunteers have decorated the trees, which are sponsored by local corporations and individuals, and you’re sure to find a favorite.
- Wednesay-Saturday. 10:30AM-5PM
- Sunday: 12PM – 5PM
- Photos with Santa – Through December 24
- Hours: 6:00 PM-8:45PM
- Weekly from Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Explore the Dixon Gardens this holiday season as it’s decorated in a vibrant display of colored lights.
- Reserve your tickets
Radley Lights: Dec. 1 – TBD
- Located at 3640 St. Phillip Dr. & 5198 Jeffery Keith Dr.
- This lighting display is free and open to the public, but if you enjoy the show, you can make a donation to the American Heart Association on behalf of Radley Lights.
Collierville Holiday Light Tour: November 23rd until Christmas
- Each year the town of Collierville goes all out for the holidays but, Saturdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas are extra special. Visit the Collierville town square on Saturday for visits with Santa, horse drawn carriages, and a quarter of a million Christmas lights! All events are free.
- With the guidance of a Google maps, members of the community can take a self-guided tour featuring homes across Collierville that are decorated with magical lights and festive decorations.
Christmas Cove in Collierville: Now until
- 472 Tuscumbia Cove West, Collierville
- 478 Tuscumbia Cove West
Check out these areas to hang out, eat, walk, and shop while checking out the lights:
- Overton Square
- Midsouth Lights
- Broad Avenue
- Cooper Young