The “Say Cheese” Gourmet Grilled Cheese Food Truck is owned and operated by Terry and Allison LaRue out of Germantown. They are both big foodies who have had a dream of operating their own food truck for years. Allison works at Presbyterian Day School, and Terry is a paramedic at Methodist Hospital and is a former firefighter. The idea for their food truck came after seeing a need for hospitals to offer better food options for staff and family after cafeterias close, and they know their food truck will help fill that need.
Say Cheese will have a set menu of five sandwiches that will rotate as the seasons change. I am personally very excited about this food truck and their menu. I was invited to try all the sandwiches, and all of them are very tasty.
Their menu includes:
- The Cluck Me – Buffalo chicken, blue cheese, pepperjack
- The Triple Decker – Homemade garlic aioli, pepperjack, colbie and provolone
- The Pizza Sandwich – Pepperoni, mozzarella, marina
- Artichoke Dip Baguette – artichoke dip on a toasted baguette
- The Rookie – American cheese and homemade garlic aioli
- The Elvis Italiano – Cookie butter, banana, marscapone cheese
- Homemade tomato soup
- Drinks, water, and chips
Sandwiches range from $5-$7. For $2.50 you can add soup and a drink, and for $1.50 you can add chips and a drink.
The Say Cheese Food Truck is also available for renting if you want some grilled cheese goodness at your next event. Just call them at 901-647-9735 for more info.
Make sure and come out to their launch party on 2/13 at High Cotton Brewing.