Looking for an enjoyable evening before Valentine’s Day for your cat video watching, art loving, or pet owning partner? The Brooks Museum of Art has the ultimate event for you: Must Love Cats (and Dogs).
Since 2014, the Brooks has hosted Must Love Cats-an evening of art, music, and (of course) cats. This year, the Brooks has made their event more inclusive by adding art geared towards canines as well, thus inspiring the name change. In addition to the annual screenings of the Internet Cat Video Festival with the winner crowned, the evening will also include music, crafts, psychic readings and a cash bar.
- *Must be at least 21 years old to attend.
- When: February 13 at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (screenings at 6:00 pm, 7:45 pm, 9:00 pm)
- Where: Brooks Museum of Art
- Features: Art making activities inspired by cats and dogs, hip hop and soul music by DJ Waht, heartbreak songs by Bryan Hartley, psychic readings with Kristeanna, a cash bar, and three separate screenings of the International Cat Video Festival curated by the Walker Art Center
- Price of admission: $16/$12 for Brooks members in advance, leftover tickets $20 at the door per screening–screenings not transferable or refundable; make sure your purchase is for the time of the screening you want.
Tickets for Must Love Cats (and Dogs) will be available until noon on February 10th. Popular among pet owners and animal lovers alike, the event has a reputation for selling out quickly, so grab your tickets for the purrrr-fect Cat-urday before they’re all gone.
Get your paws on tickets for Must Love Cats (and Dogs) here.
Find out how to fall more in love with cats on Valentine’s Day at the Brooks here.
Find out more information about the event here.
Read about galleries and plan your visit to the Brooks Museum here.