Enjoy the many community gardens, businesses and restaurants in the Cooper Young neighborhood while investing in the community at the first annual Cooper Young Garden Walk. The proceeds from the Garden Walk will benefit future beautification projects in the Cooper Young community.
- When: Saturday May 21
- Where: Cooper St.
- Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cost: $10 in advance, $15 on the event day
The Cooper Young Garden Club wants to showcase our beautiful, friendly, quaint, and sometimes funky neighborhood to the larger community. -Kim Halyak, President Cooper Young Garden Club
Tickets bought in advance enters you into a drawing to win a $200 basket of goodies.
Click HERE to get your tickets
The Cooper Young Garden Walk is a self-guided tour of 20 private, urban, offbeat gardens and the many businesses and restaurants in the walkable Cooper Young neighborhood.
Come see how you can include edibles, herbs, flowers, ponds, artwork, raised beds, and so much more to create your own personal oasis in the city. -Kim Halyak, President Cooper Young Garden Club
You’re free to come anytime and start your day, but they have a suggested itinerary to guide your way. A brochure and map will be available at the gazebo at Cooper & Young.
- 8am: Come early and have coffee or breakfast at Stone Soup Cafe
- 9 – 1pm: Visit both farmers’ markets
- 10am: Keynote Speaker “Carol Reese” at Jay Etkin Art Gallery
- 10 – 4pm: Ongoing, visit “Ask-A-Master Gardener” + “Urban Forestry” booths at the gazebo
- 10 – 4pm: Visit “Me + Mrs. Jones” lawn demos on paint finishes
- 10 – lunch: Tour gardens on one side of Cooper
- Lunch: Have lunch at one of the restaurants in Cooper Young
- Lunch – 4pm: Tour gardens on the other side of Cooper
- 4pm: Shop, Drink, Eat
There is plenty of parking along the streets in the area and restrooms are available at the many restaurants and shopping areas. No pets are allowed.