Over the last 12 years, River Arts Fest has called South Main their home. However, due to logistical issues with construction (among other things), the annual arts festival will be taking place on Riverside Drive in 2018.
The River Arts Fest is a celebratory event for all ages. Each year, they provide artists and musicians a great opportunity to showcase their talent to thousands of attendees, both local and traveling. Over 180 artists in a variety of different professions will gather to exhibit their gifts and sell their art in the largest urban street festival in the South. Each year, this festival also helps fund River Arts Fest’s year-round education programs, Art in the Making and the Special Resources Fund, thus extending their overall impact on the community.
Whether you’d like to apply to exhibit your gifts, volunteer, or attend and enjoy the plethora of art, be sure you mark your calendars for this October!
- When: October 27th and 28th, 10 am to 6 pm (5 pm on Sunday)
- Where: It will take place in a closed section of Riverside Drive, between Jefferson Avenue and Union Avenue, bounded by Mississippi River Park to the west and Memphis Park to the east.
- Tickets: $5 (10 and under are free!)
- Apply to showcase your art here.
- Apply to be a volunteer here.