Even more great live music is coming your way this fall!
Railgarten’s fall music series kicked off last week with aristocrunk rap stars Lord T and Eloise, and will continue through November with a lineup of bands who play everything from a blend of reggae/dancehall/dubstep, to a mix of soul, blues, and rock, to retro psychedelic music with foundations of modern pop. The point is, there’s great variety. Also, smack in the middle of the music series, there’s an all-day music festival celebrating the 20th anniversary of Memphis label Madjack Records. Add in Railgarten’s nightly food and drink specials, and you’ve got a music destination that will give you something to look forward to every weekend this season. Check out the full lineup below.
Fall Concert Series
- Big Sam’s Funky Nation with Alvin Youngblood Hart – Friday, Oct. 12
- The Devon Allman Project with Duane Betts – Saturday, Oct. 13
- Ghost Town Blues Band with Lisa Mac and Chinese Connection Dub Embassy – Friday, Oct. 19
- Madjack Records 20th Anniversary – Saturday, Oct. 20
- Spaceface Halloween – Saturday, Oct. 27
- The Scott Sharrard Band feat. Hi Rhythm Section and special guests – Friday, Nov. 2
- Southern Avenue and special guests w/ Lucky 7 Brass Band – Friday, Nov. 9
- Cowboy Mouth – Friday, Nov. 16
On top of their weekly shows, Railgarten’s fall lineup notably includes an all-day free music festival for the 20th Anniversary of Memphis label Madjack Records. The show will feature live performances on both the inside and outside stages beginning at 2pm highlighting the label’s roster of local and nationally-recognized names.
Madjack was originally founded to put out records for the Pawtuckets. Early on, the label released the first two albums for both Lucero and Corey Branan, and co-owner Ronny Russell says the success of those first few acts helped to bolster the label to grow to what it is today, playing its part in the legacy and continued production of Memphis music.
At Madjack, our goal everyday is to bring attention to the unique level of musical talent Memphis continues to produce. And we are not alone. There are other labels, studios, producers, and engineers toiling away everyday, striving to put more of the Memphis sound out into the world. — Ronny Russell, Co-Owner, Madjack Records
The lineup for the anniversary show will include performances by Rob Jungklas, Jana Misener & Krista Wroten of the Memphis Dawls, and McKenna Bray, as well as some surprise special guests to be announced closer to the date.
Madjack Records 20th Anniversary Show
- Keith Sykes
- Mark Edgar Stuart
- Jed Zimmerman
- James and the Ultrasounds
- Jana Misener & Krista Wroten of Memphis Dawls
- Rob Jungklas
- McKenna Bray
- Susan Marshall
- Delta Joe Sanders
- Eric Lewis & Andy Ratliff
- Tennessee Boltsmokers
- Corduroy & the Cottonwoods