Ever wanted to dunk a local Memphis celebrity? Now’s your chance!
Benefitting Just City‘s Clean Slate Fund, Plunge to Expunge is back, and you’re invited to a night full of brews and dunk tanks where you will have the opportunity to dunk 901 personalities like Geoff Calkins, Katrina Coleman, and more. While you’re putting your toss skills to the test, Agent C of the Defective Agency will be on site entertaining the crowd with sick beats.
- When: Friday, August 18th (5PM-8PM)
- Where: Memphis Made Brewing (768 South Cooper Street)
- Cost to Throw:
- $20 for 3 throws
- $50 for 10 throws
- $100 for unlimited throws
Who can you dunk?
- Geoff Calkins, Lead Sports Columnist for the Commercial Appeal
- Katrina Coleman, Local comedian, Executive Producer of Memphis Comedy Festival
- Reginald Milton, County Commissioner for Shelby County
- Steve Mulroy, Professor at the University of Memphis Law School and Former County Commissioner for Shelby County
- Stacy L. Spencer, Senior Pastor at New Direction Christian Church
The Clean Slate Fund is a privately funded campaign used to help Memphians clear up their criminal records. Over the last two years, they have worked to serve, reform, and advocate for the City of Memphis and those who have been in contact with the Criminal Justice System.
“Our vision is to be a powerful, independent voice to support the individuals, children, and families who are, or have been in contact with, the criminal justice system; to advocate for strong, consistent adult and children’s right to counsel policies; and to accelerate community-driven solutions to the problems presented by the criminal justice system.” – Just City