Coworking [koh-wurk-ing], noun
a style of work that involves a shared working environment between independent groups that typically are not employed by the same organization
Looking for a way to work independently yet collaboratively with driven, creative minds? Coworking was created for you. Check out the options below:
Studio 688 – Midtown @ 688 S Cox St
Studio688 aims to assemble a community of people who motivate and support one another in their successes as creative entrepreneurs.
What they offer:
- Studio space for rent: $425/full day, $225/four hours (Sunday night through Friday daytime) or $625/full day, $425/four hours (Friday night through Sunday daytime); 2,000 square ft; great for specialty photo/video shoots with multiple vignettes, backdrops, funky furniture, and great mood lighting
- Inspiration Sessions: Engage in deep discussions about brand design and messaging, product styling, social media strategy, website planning, and any other concern or topic desired.
- Customized Creative Services: Recognizing the importance of each identifiable aspect of a business, Studio688 will work to create personalized images, memorable videos, and visual identities.
- Event Planning: The Studio688 team will work with you to style the event and document the most and least memorable moments through video and photography.
EntreMemphis – Downtown @ 287 Madison Ave & Bartlett/Cordova @ 2645 Appling Rd
EntreMemphis was created to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, and artists of all walks of life to have the opportunity to collaborate and network in a central workspace for meetings, events, or everyday jobs.
What they offer:
- Office and Workstation Space: $275/month with 12 month term, inclusive of Wi-Fi and utilities; can be furnished or unfurnished; can purchase additional items including all-in-one printer, laptop, business landline phone, or locker to keep safe items for $25/month each or $90/month for all four
- Studio: $375/month for 24/7 access or $35/hour, well insulated and spacious, designed to accommodate band/music group as well as creative writing and visual art
- Conference Rooms: $35/hour (minimum of two hours), $30/hour (nonprofits), $300 for full day (8 hours), $150 for half day (4 hours); seats up to 20 people; projector available
- Mail Services: $25/month; signs for FedEx, UPS, and USPS
Cowork Memphis Midtown @ 902 S Cooper St
Cowork Memphis offers a productive atmosphere with creative interaction and cooperative workspaces, suited for work-at-home professionals, independent contractors, entrepreneurs, and frequent travelers.
What they offer:
- Cowork Basic Options (Monday – Friday, 9 am – 6 pm): $15/day, $100/monthly; includes Wi-Fi, coffee, bottled water, spacious work stations, private phone rooms, discounted meeting space, access to classes and events, bikes (plus community bike use), B/W printing/copy use ($0.10/copy), color printing/copy use ($0.25/copy)
- Cowork Flex Memberships (24/7 access): $150/month for flex, $325 + $200 deposit for suite; all basic amenities offered in basic options plus 100 free B/W prints/copies, 2 guest passes monthly, and 4 conference room hours monthly
- Cowork Premium Membership (24/7 access): $600 + $200 deposit for private office, $625 + $200 deposit for semi-private loft; all basic amenities offered in basic options plus 300 free B/W prints/copies, 4 guest passes monthly, and 6 conference room hours.
The Office at Uptown Downtown @ 594 N. Second Street
The Office at Uptown provides the opportunity to hold conferences, business meetings, or simply work on individual projects in a setting that doesn’t require hand-pressed suits and high heels to help get ideas and productivity flowing. Plus, their menu will provide the fuel and caffeine to keep creative energy moving.
What they offer:
- Coffee Shop Features: a complete menu of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, daily special soups, and breakfast items with options such as a black bean burger, a roast beef sandwich, a club salad, and a croissant egg sandwich
- Office Services: free Wi-Fi; printing, faxing, copying, and scanning capabilities; access to a conference room for group meetings; professional staff with much experience in customer relations, business development, and management (ranging from small businesses to corporate environment)
Creative Works – Location TBD
Creative Works founder Josh Horton has partnered with CEO of Archer Malmo Russ Williams to create a base downtown with millennials in mind.
The ultimate vision is to create a place of community, creating and continuing education. Millennials work and spend differently, and their desires will drive the city. Memphis has to be capitalizing on its densest urban offering, the Downtown core.
Their current vision includes a co-working space, gallery space for communication arts, a resource library, workshops, speaker series, regular community events, a grant program for Memphis’ creatives and a retreat area for corporate entities looking for something other than the typical office setting.
Creative Works is an annual conference held in downtown Memphis to celebrate the importance of creative individuals and allow the community to connect, share, inspire, and ultimately create ideas in ways bigger and better than before. (Check out our video from their 2015 conference here, and see what the Memphis Flyer said about their upcoming cowork space here.)
- EntreMemphis – Facebook here and Twitter here
- Studio688 – Facebook here and Instagram here
- Cowork Memphis – Facebook here, Instagram here and Twitter here
- Creative Works – Facebook here, Instagram here and Twitter here