The Orpheum Theatre Group has announced its lineup for their 2018-2019 “On Stage at the Halloran Centre” series.
The 13-part music and 3-part series will feature Kafé Kirk, created by Grammy Award-winning saxophonist and Memphis native, Kirk Whalum. Kafé Kirk will be a jazz-filled musical mix starting in October on Sunday evenings where Kirk Whalum will host friends for a more personal look into what makes these artists who they are and what fuels them to do what they do.
The music series is sponsored for the first time by Evolve Bank & Trust, a community bank that hopes the series will present itself accessible and entertaining to the youth of Memphis. The series spans through various genres and various artists such as, Rodney Crowell, Dennis Quaid and the Sharks, Bettye LaVette, Music of the Knights, Mary Wilson, Jim Brickman, Prince of the Spanish Guitar Benise, and The Orbert Davis Jazz Ensemble.
The series will also feature other productions beginning mid-November such as, Ain’t Misbehavin, an award-winning musical. Followed by Arthur Miller’s drama production of, The Crucible, and concluding the series with New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players’ production of, The Pirates of Penzance.
Full music schedule:
- Saturday, August 18
- Rodney Crowell
- Friday, September 7
- Rhonda Vincent and the Rage
- Saturday, September 29
- Dennis Quaid and the Sharks
- Friday, October 12
- Dougie MacLean
- Saturday, October 20
- Matt Stansberry & The Romance
- Saturday, November 3
- Bettye LaVette
- Friday, November 30
- Music of the Knights
- Saturday, January 26
- Mary Wilson
- Saturday, February 2
- Jim Brickman, “Share the Love” Tour
- Saturday, March 2
- Dustbowl Revival
- Saturday, March 16
- Benise FUEGO! Spirit of Spain (two performances)
- Saturday, April 13
- Carlene Carter
- Saturday, April 27
- The Orbert Davis Jazz Ensemble
- Saturday, November 17:
- Ain’t Misbehavin’ (two performances)
- Saturday, February 16:
- National Players in The Crucible(two performances)
- Saturday, March 30:
- New York City Gilbert & Sullivan Players in the Wand’ring Minstrels Pirates of Penzance and an Evening of Gilbert & Sullivan Favorites
- Remaining accompanying artists to be announced.
- Sunday, October 7 with Lindsey Webster
- Sunday, December 2 with Jonathan Butler
- Sunday, February 3 TBA
- Sunday, April 7 TBA
Single tickets and packages are now on sale. Choose 5 or more shows from the music and theatre series and save $5 off each show, not applicable to Kirk or select Benise tickets. VIP tickets are also available for Kafé Kirk, and Benise performances. Call 901.525.3000 or visit orpheum-memphis.com/onstage for more info. Special groups of 10+ are available by calling 901.529.4226 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.