Edge Alley has opened its doors at 600 Monroe Avenue. It features a small restaurant with a coffee roaster and coffee bar, as well as four retail spaces, all under one roof.
Edge Alley will act as its own community development engine — each of its retail tenants will be given one-year leases, after which they will be encouraged to move out and into their own storefronts within the Edge neighborhood.
The initial cohort of Edge Alley businesses are:
- My Heavenly Creations, a local bath and body products retailer which previously had its own space in the Broad Avenue Arts District.
- Paulette’s Closet, a women’s apparel and vintage store.
- Hope Wilkinson Designs Shop, a local interior design firm focusing on the residential and hospitality sectors. Hope Wilkinson was also a collaborator on the design of Edge Alley.
- A fourth bay will feature a series of retailers from July through the end of 2017, including 901 Shop, an apparel and gift store specializing Memphis-centric items; Ohm, a record store focusing on Memphis soul; and Randomly Refurbished, a custom woodworking and design studio.
- Coffee: Monday through Friday 7am-8pm
- Coffee: Saturday: 7am-9pm
- Coffee: Sunday: 10am-7pm
- Retail: Wed through Sun 11am-7pm or by appointment