Looking for 2017 NYE Celebrations? Go here!
Another year is almost over and Memphis is ready to celebrate the amazing things that have happened and to welcome in a new year with opportunities to make this city greater. There are many ways to celebrate, commemorate, and enjoy New Year’s Eve in the 901. Here are a few suggestions (scroll down to bottom for family-friendly options):
Watch the Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Drop on Beale Street at midnight and enjoy a free concert in W.C. Handy Park with musical performances by Gloriana and The Jeff Jensen Band. You can enjoy the celebrations and specials on food and drinks inside Beale Street restaurants such as B.B. Kings Blues Club starting at 7 pm, Itta Bena with 5 pm, 7 pm, and 9 pm prices, and Hard Rock Café with doors opening at 6:30 pm. Get a Fast Pass for $100 to skip to the front of the line and get free admission into over 12 clubs on Beale Street.
Rum Boogie Cafe – 182 Beale Street (Downtown)
- Band: Vince Johnson & The Boogie Blues Band (9:00 PM – 1:00 AM)
Blues Hall Juke Joint – 174 Beale Street (Downtown)
- Band: Mississippi Big Foot (8:00 PM – 12:00 AM)
Kings Palace Cafe – 162 Beale Street (Downtown)
- Band: Gracie Curran & The High Falutin’ Band (9:00 PM – 1:00 AM)
Tap Room (next door to Kings Palace Cafe) – 168 Beale Street (Downtown)
- Band: Delta Project (9:00 PM – 1:00 AM)
Spindini – 383 South Main Street (Downtown)
- Band: Loveland Duren (9:00 PM – 12:00 AM)
Mesquite Chop House – 3165 Forest Hill Irene Road (Germantown, TN)
- Band: Julianne Thomas & Dom Fosco Duo (9:00 PM – 1:00 AM)
You can go to the New Daisy Theatre to enjoy a featured performance by 12th Planet on New Year’s Eve. 12th Planet brings dubstep to Beale Street for an out-of-this-world performance. The party starts at 9 pm December 31 and at 4 am January 1, 2016. Ticket prices start at $15.
Enjoy New Year’s with style throughout the Grand Lobby and Mezzanine of the Peabody Hotel with musical guests Almost Famous, Hollywood, and DJ Mark Anderson. You can also hear classics in the Corner Bar by Rene Koopman Duo. You must be 21 years of age or older to attend and general tickets are on sale online for $40 or $50 at the door. Stella Artois VIP Lounge tickets are available online and offer Hors d’oeuvres, Champagne, and Valet Parking in addition to access to the VIP lounge.
The party starts the afternoon of December 31st! Join Chris Jarmin, with 98.1 The Max broadcasting live from the second story patio of Lafayette’s Music Room from 2:00pm – midnight. Madison Avenue will be closed from 9:00pm – 2:00am New Year’s Eve, from Cooper St. to Diana St. including Florence from Trimble Pl. to Madison Ave. Many Overton Square restaurants will be open featuring New Year’s Eve yummy beverages, food and fun until 3am. To keep you hydrated while you travel from stop to stop, enjoy a cold beer from one of the beer vendors on Madison Ave. from 9:00pm – 1:00am. Outside live entertainment features The NUB, all the way from the South side of Union Ave from 10:00pm-midnight. WMC Action News 5 reporter Kontji.Anthony will emcee the finale of the event and help countdown to midnight. At exactly midnight, there is a special surprise! In addition to the excitement on the street, there will be plenty of parties within Overton Square bars and restaurants:
- Lafayette’s is offering an exciting New Year’s Eve extravaganza with music and 3 different dining and drink packages. General admission costs $35 and includes champagne toast, party favors, and live entertainment. Midtown Dinner Package and the VIP NYE Dinner Package both reserve a seat at a table with 4 course dinner, champagne toast, party favors, and live entertainment. Musical performances include David Coen at 6:30 pm and American Fiction starting at 10:30 pm. Tickets are available here.
- Babalu Tacos & Tapas – Memphis will have a specialty NYE cocktail made with Blackberry and Thyme simple syrup, Hendricks Gin, and topped with Prosecco and an an edible glitter rim.
- Bar Louie will have live entertainment, a complimentary champagne toast at midnight, and late night specials.
- Boscos Squared proudly presents the legendary Joyce Cobb at 8:00pm. There is no cover, plus there’s a champagne toast and party favors at midnight. A regular and price fixed dinner menu will be available.
- Local Gastropub Overton Square is going all out with a DJ, complimentary midnight brunch buffet, and champagne toast.
- Robata Ramen and Yakitori Bar offers a complimentary champagne toast for all those present for the countdown.
- Schweinehaus is throwing down with their party. There is no cover and there will be party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
- Zebra Lounge Memphis will have a dance party with Austin Carroll on piano from 8pm-2am and as always, there is no cover.
Other ways to celebrate:
- Tux & Chucks New Year’s Eve Celebration Ring in the New Year with style! Don ravish apparel such as a tuxedo accompanied with Chuck Taylor Converse. Starting at 9 pm at 1524 Events on Madison, celebrate New Year’s with champagne, complimentary refreshments, a cash bar, and live entertainment.
- Madison Hotel Whiteout New Year’s Party Wear as much white attire as you want at Madison Hotel’s New Year’s party from 10 pm December 31 – 2 am January 1, 2016. A live DJ will provide music, complimentary hors d’oeuvres by Chef Max will delight your appetite, and custom pours on Shot Skis and Pyramid Vodka Ice Luge will give you delicious drinks. General admission cost $50 per person. Want a discount code? Check out Yelp.
- New Year’s Eve with Marcella & Her Lovers at Bar DKDC Party the night away with music by Marcella & Her Lovers at this Cooper Young hangout.
All locations will have complimentary party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. Cordova, Midtown, and Germantown will all have live music from 9:00pm – 1:00am Collierville is closing early at 10pm. Downtown is staying open late until 3am. Everyone else is open normal hours.
Party with the Phoenix Club of Memphis while fundraising for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis. Come dressed to impress at 8 pm and enjoy a gorgeous New Year in the Memphis Botanic Gardens with live music by City Mix, a photo booth, and of course champagne. Tickets cost $65 in advance and $75 at the door with all-inclusive beer, champagne, cocktails, and how d’oevres. A cash bar will also be available.
RockHouse Live brings you an evening of Twin Soul to rock in the new year like never before. Free champagne and party favors, and great rock-n-roll with friends. Just $10 per person. Get your tickets here.
Heels, China Gate, and Dead Soldiers ring in the new year with extra Ranch and even cooler cool-ranch seasons greetings. Champagne toast at midnight, bbq, debauchery, and your first glimpse at 2016, the long awaited year of the end to the Great Salad Wars.
- Black Lodge presents: The New Years Evil Party with Devil Train, The Incredible Hook, and Shamefinger
Join The Black Lodge, Devil Train, and The Incredible Hook as they ring in 2016 with a whirlwind of music, dance, drinks, food, go-go girls, fire-spinning, acrobatics, and a sordid collection of midtown freaks, punks, hippies, and heads, with special guests Shamefinger. $10/person and all door fees go to performers and bands.
They’ll be digging up some past tunes from those long lost Thursday nights and dealing out some new ones for the new year as well. Doors open at 7:00pm, band starts at 9:30. Cover is $10/person and you can reserve a table in advance by calling (901) 523-8536.
Celtic Crossing New Year’s Eve Champagne Super Nova benefiting the Humane Society will feature Features: a full appetizer menu available throughout the evening, DJ Taz playing the latest hits, starting @ 10PM, Party Favors, Midnight countdown and champagne toast, $10 cover – cover can be paid in advance to reserve a table (included with dinner reservation), Prefix Menu $50 per person plus tax and tip.
This is the inaugural Countdown on Broad event to ring in the new year on Broad Avenue! The fun starts at 8pm with bands, bars, a lighting of the Water Tower at midnight and more.
Looking for a chill way to spend New Year’s Eve? Go to the Rec Room on Broad and enjoy video games, a full bar, ball dropping on all six screens and a bubbly drink at midnight. No cover.
The Mighty Souls and Bayou have an especially funky New Year’s Eve Celebration ready for you. Featuring Sean Murphy, Tom Clary, Jason Yasinsky, Logan Hanna, J Period Thomas and special guest Terence F. Clark. No cover.
There will be 3 seatings available so you have the option of coming in early and beating the crowd or partying the night away as you watch the guitar drop on Beale Street at the stroke of midnight. Seats are filling up so make sure to call 901-578-3031 to make your reservation.
Enjoy a night of food, drink, live music with a special performance by Marcella Simien beginning at 7pm till 9. Then DJs Mike McConnell and Justin Hand bring back their beloved 80’s vs 90’s set for a NYE retro party. Costumes highly encouraged. The doors open at 5pm so come early for some great food and cocktails as your night begins. Only $10 cover for the evening – 21 and up with valid ID.
Family Friendly Options:
Book a lane at Billy Hardwick’s for $74.95/lane including shoes, pizza, and soda. Call 901-683-2695 for more info. First come first served unless you have booked in advance.
- Andy B’s in Bartlett
- 7pm -9pm: $85/lane, shoes included, $15 game card for arcade
- 10pm -12:30am $140/lane, shoes included, $15 game card with champagne toast at midnight
- VIB: $175/lane, shoes included, $25 game card, champagne toast at midnight, 2 extra drink tickets
- Winchester Bowl:
- Special pricing from 9pm-1am
- $15/person unlimited bowling, shoes included with champagne and party favors
- Bowling open 4pm- 1am, Skating open 8pm-12am
- Cost is $69.99/lane for up to 6 people, shoes included
- Pizza and soda included from 9pm-11pm, party favors, contests, prizes
The Main Event has three ways for you to pop the fun for the New Year! Join Family Fun from 4pm – 8pm, the Ultimate Celebration from 8pm – 1am or for New Year’s Day family FUN from 11am – 3pm. Receive a 2-hour video game card, as much bowling, billiards, laser tag and more as available and free party favors! All You Can Play Activities include bowling, billiards, laser tag, gravity ropes, rock climbing (where available). Price does not include bowling shoes. Activity time limited to space availability. Main Event reserves the right to place up to five people per lane. Lane time may be limited to one hour, based on availability. Located at 7219 Appling Farms Parkway. Call 901-372-5000 for more info.