Music Cities Convention is coming to the home of the blues!
- What: Music Cities Convention
- When: Thursday, October 26th, 9:15am-6:00pm
- Where: Halloran Centre (225 S Main St)
- Cost: $175 for GA, Student tickets available
Since it’s beginning, The Music Cities Convention has held four conferences across North America and Europe and has brought together 700+ people from over 100 cities and 30 different countries.
From collaborative panels and keynotes to networking opportunities, the convention brings together people from all walks of life to discuss how music can impact education, employment, and community building, and improve urban planning, quality of life, and city planning.
While the main conference will be held Thursday, the convention in Memphis will feature an opening reception at the Stax Museum of American Soul Music and Memphis Slim Collaboratory on Wednesday, October 25th. There will also be Roundtable Sessions presented by Music Cities Network on Friday, October 27th, along with the Memphis Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Your ticket includes invitations to these events and the convention, all meals and refreshments, and more.
Speakers featured in the Convention:
- Jesse Elliott – Director of the Music District, Fort Collins
- Shawn King – Devotchka & Colorado Music Ambassador
- Jaanus Juss – Founder & CEO of Telliskivi Creative City
- Tonya Dyson – Founder of Neosoulsville / Marketing & Programs Director of Memphis Slim House Collaboratory
- Igor Lozada – Head of Culture for City of Guadalajara
- Kim Vu-Dinh – Clinical Faculty at University of Arkansas Bowen School of Law in Little Rock
- Carleton S. Gholz – Activist / Writer / Teacher / DJ
- Adrian Tonon – Co-Founder of the Detroit Music Foundation
- Darren Isom – Executive Director of Memphis Music Initiative
- Lawrence Matthews – Artist
- Anasa Troutman – Founder & CEO of Eloveate
- Ashlye M. Keaton, Esq. – Co-Founder & Supervising Attorney for the ELLA Project
- Tom Windish – Director of Paradigm Agency
- Emily Barker – Artist
- Matt Masters – Program Leader of Alberta Music Cities
- Carol Coletta – Senior Fellow with the Kresge Foundation
- Kelly Lee – Chief Cultural Officer for the City of Philadelphia