MSA’s 2nd Annual Songwriting Competition & Showdown Showcase happening on April 7th at 831 S Cooper Street.
What happens in the 1st round?
- This round will determine the Top 8 Finalists who will all perform their song on stage during our Showdown Showcase.
- Submit your hit song with an entry form and fee, and it will go straight to our first round of judging by Committee I which includes MSA Board Members as well as other Memphis music professionals.
- Entry fee is $25. Enter as many songs as you want! Each additional entry requires additional entry forms as well as fee.
- Songs will be judged solely on lyrics, melody, composition, and originality.
What happens in the 2nd round?
- The Showdown Showcase is where the second round of judging will happen.
- The Committee II includes Cindy Cogbill (Director of Programming at Levitt Shell), Josh Cosby (Lead Singer for the Hit Memphis band Star & Micey), and Ben Yonas (Professor of Music Business at University of Memphis).
- The winner will be awarded that night with free studio time and the choice of participating recording studios.
What does the winner receive?
- Free Recording Time and a $200 cash reward!
- Anybody that enters will get discounted recording rates to record their song submissions at participating reputable Memphis studios.
- The Top 8 Finalists will have their songs featured on the MSA Website until the next competition!
The Memphis Songwriters Association is an all volunteer nonprofit organization that welcomes songwriters from of all genres and experience levels. MSA is the oldest songwriting organization in the country and strives to cultivate both young and old, new and seasoned talent together in a positive learning and sharing environment.