Loeb Properties, Cosmic Coconut, Indie Style Market, Sache, the City of Memphis, the Mayor’s Innovation Delivery Team, and Overton Square have partnered to present the MEMShop Holiday Pop-Up Market at Overton Square, from Dec. 6 – Dec 23. The market will feature over 40 local creatives, makers, artists and artisans, along with live entertainment, a community cafe, and a holistic arts center offering an array of classes and tasty treats.
Unveiled by Mayor A C Wharton earlier this month, MEMShop is the first in a series of events aimed at incubating new businesses and helping existing businesses grow, while creating a fresh environment for communities by activating vacant commercial spaces and offering exciting new retail experiences. Market hours are: Thursdays – 4pm to 8pm; Fridays – 10am to 8pm; Saturdays -10am to 8pm; and Sundays – 10am to 6pm.
Here is a schedule of the different classes/events being offered for this final weekend:
Thursday, December 20th
- 6:30-7:45 PM. Hooper Troopers
- 6:30-7:45 PM. Hallie, Southern Girl’s Guide to Yoga ($10)
- MUSIC: 6-8 Singa B (FREE)
Friday, December 21st
- 12:00 -1:15 PM. Olivia, Kundalini yoga. ($10)
- MUSIC: 6-8 PM. Craig Davis (FREE)
Saturday, December 22nd
- 11-11:45 AM. Kid’s Yoga with Greta, Ages 4+ ($10)
- 11:30 AM: Bring the whole family for holiday Storytelling with Elaine Blanchard, sponsored by the Office of Community Affairs. (free)
- 2 PM: Grizzlie pop-up comes to MEMShop!
- 4:00 – 5:15 PM. Kunalini Yoga with Stephanie ($10)
- 5:30 PM: Trash to Treasure with artist Frankd.Robinson, sponsored by the Office of Community Affairs. (free)
- MUSIC: 6-8 PM. Megan Myles (FREE)
Sunday, December 23rd
- 12:30 – 1:15PM. Kid’s Yoga with Greta, Ages 4+ ($10)
- 3:30 – 5:00PM. Osho Movement Meditation with Karen ($10)
- MUSIC: 2 – 4 PM. Paul Taylor (FREE)
- 4 – 6 PM. Caleb Sweazy (FREE)
- Special closing night toast and refreshments starting at 5 PM.
For more information, including events, merchants and performances, check out MemShop on Facebook.