Summer is officially here! To celebrate we’ve got a huge bucket list of ways to enjoy Memphis this summer.
Pick up seasonal produce from a local farmers market.
Now is the time, and farmers markets are the places to get the freshest, locally sourced produce, meats, and curated goods. Whether you’re in Downtown, Midtown, or Germantown, there’s a farmers market near you with availability weekly or daily, running through the fall or even year-round. Check out locations and more info about all the local markets here.
Enjoy local music.
Throughout the summer, these awesome ongoing concert series will be available for your listening enjoyment:
- Levitt Shell concerts – Midtown (free!)
- Collierville Summer Concert Series – Collierville (free!)
- Live at the Garden – Botanic Gardens
- Peabody Rooftop Parties – Downtown
Catch live music, theatre, and more throughout the week at these local spots:
- Playhouse on the Square – Midtown
- Hattiloo Theatre – Midtown
- Theatre Memphis – East Memphis
- Voices of the South – Midtown
- Opera Memphis – Germantown
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra
- Bartlett Performing Arts Center – Bartlett
- Buckman Performing and Fine Arts Center – East Memphis
- Germantown Performing Arts Center – Germantown
- The Circuit Playhouse – Midtown
- Theatre Works /Evergreen Theatre – Midtown
- The Den – Midtown
- The Orpheum – Downtown
- Mollie Fontaine Lounge – Midtown
- Center for Southern Folklore – Downtown
- The New Dizzy – Midtown
- Loflin Yard – Downtown
- New Daisy – Downtown
- Itta Bena – Downtown
- Minglewood Hall – Midtown
- HiTone – Midtown
- Lafayette’s Music Room – Midtown
- Newby’s – University District
- Huey’s – Various
- Levitt Shell – Midtown
- Overton Square – Midtown
- Celtic Crossing – Midtown
- Bar DKDC – Midtown
- BB King’s – Downtown
- The Tin Roof – Downtown
- Rum Boogie Cafe – Downtown
- Twilight Sky Terrace – Downtown
- Murphy’s – Midtown
- Otherland’s – Midtown
- Growlers – Midtown
- Dirty Crow Inn – Downtown
- Midtown Crossing Grill – Midtown
- The Guesthouse at Graceland – Whitehaven
Sign up for summer camps (kids + teens)
Want to see your kids do a little more than watch T.V. on the couch all day long this summer? Sign them up for one of Memphis’ awesome summer camps.
Grab peanuts, cracker jacks, and, of course, BBQ nachos at a Redbirds game.
Catch a film as part of a movie series or at the drive-in.
- Orpheum Summer Movie Series | Downtown
- Summer Drive-In | 7pm nightly
- Pink Palace’s Giant Theatre | Various
- Indie Memphis Film Screenings | Various
- More ways to see movies
Chill out with one of Memphis’ many frozen treats.
Memphis is full of places to help you beat the heat from homemade paletas to supreme snow cones, fresh-pressed juice, and more. See all the places to get frozen treats here.
Find a pool or wade in the water at a splash park:
- Mud Island River Park
- Kroc Memphis
- Memphis Jewish Community Center
- Rhodes College
- University of Memphis
- City of Memphis Pools (free with swim card)
- Children’s Museum of Memphis
- Johnson Spray Park
- Suggs Spray Park
- Peabody Park
- Island Play at Beale Street Landing (free!)
- Bartlett Recreation Center
- Memphis Zoo
- Civic Center Plaza (free!)
Find out how much food a food truck trucks if a food truck could truck food… Or something like that.
Behold: All of the Memphis food trucks. Find all their locations and schedules here.
From burgers to margaritas to salsa, Memphis festivals will make this season feel like eternal summertime.
- Riverplay Pop Up Park – Free
- Shelby Farms Park – Free admission
- Bike the Shelby Farms Greenline – Free
- Get RiverFit – Free
- Bike to Dinner
- Take a Memphis Running Tour
- Go Ape at Shelby Farms Park
- Join a free Breakaway run
- Kayak or canoe down the Mississippi
Grab a pint.
Each Memphis brewery has a calendar of events, special tour days, and a rotating food truck schedule.
- High Cotton
- Memphis Made
- Crosstown Brewing Co
- Meddlesome Brewing Co
- Ghost River Brewing Co
- Need a growler filled for later? Here’s where you can go.
Learn about Memphis Music
- Take a tour at Sun Studio, Stax, the Blues Hall of Fame, Memphis Music Hall of Fame, the Rock n Soul Museum, the Center for Southern Folklore, the Gibson Guitar Factory, get a new record at Goner Records or Shangri-La, and check out a local show on just about any night of the week.
Enjoy the arts
- South Main Galleries
- Memphis Brooks Museum (admission is “pay what you can” for Shelby County residents on Wednesdays, 10am-8pm)
- Dixon Gallery & Garden
- Metal Museum
- Victorian Village
- Crosstown Arts
- Cooper Young Art Galleries
- Broad Avenue Arts District
- Pink Palace Museum
- Find all the murals
- Where to find and create art
Discover your way out of an escape room.
Escape rooms are a type of physical adventure game where people are willingly locked in a room with other participants and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit. Grab some friends and book a room at Memphis Escape Rooms, Broad Escape Rooms, or I Escaped Memphis, and see if you can make it out!
Memphians are known for being generous and hospitable. Here are several ways to volunteer your time or resources to those who need it most this summer:
Check out more ideas:
- Visit the Rec Room for video games, local beer, gaming events, and more
- Start a trivia team
- See Memphis for free
- Watch soccer with friends
- Try a new restaurant, Donut shop, Coffee shop, or patio
- Go ghost hunting
- Check out South Main Trolley Night every last Friday of the month
- Start your Memphis photo bucket list
- Check out the Memphis Library and their free programs
- Have a Memphis staycation
- Take a workshop at Five in One Social Club
- Find Events at Crosstown Arts
- Find Events at Church Health Center
- Take a food tour with City Tasting Tours
- Check out the sites with Backbeat Tours
- See more Memphis sites with A Tour of Possibilities
- Join a Local Book Club
- Get involved with Memphis Activism Events
- Find Memphis Comedy Events
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Plan ahead with affordable date ideas
- Go bowling with friends or family
- See where to spend rainy days in Memphis