From Oct. 23rd to 25th, River Arts Memphis will hosts its 9th annual River Arts Fest in Downtown Memphis.
“RiverArtsFest is growing is becoming one of the more prestigious art festivals in the region and attracting more than 170 artists which means even better quality for festivalgoers to peruse for their personal collections,” said Bonnie Thornton, a longtime RiverArtsFest volunteer and one of its directors. “There is an exciting line-up of artists coming to our festival this year, and we hope Memphians will mark their calendars to attend.”
The RiverArtsFest is a local street festival that celebrates Memphis food, art, and music! More than 100 artists from around the world will exhibit and sell their artwork and 24 live music performances are expected. All ages are welcome.
- Rockin’ River Arts Show—FREE admission, 6 pm to 10 pm. Some artist booths will be available for visitors to shop. (Sponsored by Downtown Memphis Commission and the South Main Merchants Association)
- Festival Preview Party $30, 6pm to 8pm — tickets available at the door (Sponsored in part by Whole Foods Market)
- 10 am to 6 pm — $5 per person
- Children 10 and under are free.
- 10 am to 5 pm — $5 per person
- Children 10 and under are free
Tickets/Wristbands will be available at entry points throughout the festival. Credit cards accepted only at the Huling entrance. ATMs will be available. No coolers, pets, skates, or bikes (except Midtown Bike customers) will be allowed. Bike racks will be available at the entrances. Residents with complimentary official RAF wristbands will be permitted to enter and exit the secured festival perimeter with their pets and bikes (walking) only as needed to reach an exit, grassy area, etc. and return as needed.
The 2015 RiverArtsFest will feature:
- RiverArtsFest Invitational Art Exhibit at ANFA, 1500 Union Avenue. Opening reception, Friday, October 9 at 5:30pm. Exhibit open throughout November; gallery hours 8 am to 5 pm. Works by Mollie Riggs, Marc Rouillard, Pam Hassler, Mary Long, Fletch Golden and 2015 Festival Poster Artist Jeanne Seagle will be on display.
- RiverArtsFest Preview Party scheduled for Friday, October 23th from 6 to 9 p.m. Featuring live music and entertainment, as well as food and drinks. Ticketed event. Tent, corner of G.E. Patterson and South Main. $30 per person.
- Artist Market with more than 170 juried fine artists from across the country. Market features painting, photography, ceramics, glass, wearable art, toys, jewelry, and more.
- 2015 Festival Poster by artist Jeanne Seagle, available for $35 at the Art Center on Union Avenue in Midtown as well as at the festival itself.
- Hands on Art, a station for artists of all ages to express their creative energies. Previous interactive projects such as the hand-painted discs will decorate this year’s festival.
- Three musical stages featuring a wide variety of acts by known regional artists, along with high-spirited street performers, coordinated by the REG Entertainment. Acts range from rock, jazz, blues, dance, R&B, jug band, Latin, Motown, country, folk, and classical. Complete schedule at riverartsmemphis.org
- Artist in Motion stations featuring demonstrations on glass fusing, papermaking, watercolor painting, woodcut printmaking, encaustic painting, metal sculpture and more.
- Great food and beverage vendors, including food trucks and local fare.
- Special art exhibits and offerings in the galleries and shops of South Main.
RiverArtsFest will also host its eighth year of their Art in the Making project with Shelby County Schools. This year, the festival will have donated more than $25,000 through Art in the Making to cover supplies and transportation throughout the year to Shelby County Schools.
River Arts Memphis would appreciate anyone who wants to volunteer. Volunteers have the chance to decide between 10 different areas to help out. Interested volunteers can visit River Arts Memphis to sign up or to get a list of all of the activities for the three day event.
Join the event page here for updates.