You’ve seen the “I love Memphis” murals around town, but have you seen these? I’ve always been fascinated by murals, graffitied art, and what compels an artist to decide on their design then put it on display. We’ve documented some of the public artwork around town and want to share it with you.
1. South Main, Downtown
- Designer: Marcellous Lovelace
- Install Team: BLK75
- “I Am A Man.”
2. South Main, Downtown (by Civil Rights Museum)
- Artist: Unknown
3. Uptown, 5th Avenue and Bethel
- Artist: Jon Hart
4. Midtown, Madison Ave.
- Artists: Anna Louise and Lisa Lamoreaux
5. “Midtown is Our Memphis” off of Rembert and Poplar
- Artists: Memphis College of Art students
6. Binghampton, at Wiseacre Brewing Company
- Artist: Michael Roy (Birdcap)
- This canvas will change up during the year so go catch it while you can!
7. Cooper Young @ McLean
- Designer: Carl E. Moore
8. Soulsville, Lamar Ave
- Artists: Kyle Taylor, Brandon Marshall
9. Broad Avenue Arts District, “This is Me, This is You, This is We”
- Design Artist: Guillame Alby
10. Edge District, Madison and Monroe
- Artists: Gina Sposto and Austin Swope
11. Highland Strip, Walker and Highland
- Artist: Brandon Marshall
12. Binghampton Community Life Center (317 Tillman)
- Artist: Brandon Marshall and Friends
13. Highland Strip, @ Southern
- Artist: Kyle Taylor
14. Eclectic Eye
- Artist: Michael Roy
15. Paint Memphis Wall @ Chelsea & Evergreen
- Artists: Over 50 amazing artists (Longest collaborative mural in town)
You can also check out this handy map by the Memphis Art Project for more public art.
Want to get involved in Memphis public art? Check out the Urban Art Commission.
There’s plenty of hidden gems out there around the city that are just waiting to be discovered. We’d love to see the art you find around town, so tag your photos with #choose901 on Instagram and Twitter!