The Memphis Kings Scooter Club‘s eighth annual Dead Elvis Scooter Rally will bring together scooters of all sizes for fun, food, and prizes starting April 24th.
The rally will include scooter rides through the Memphis area, food from local eateries, scooter games, raffles, awards, and an open mic session at Central BBQ.
Before the official start of the rally, the scooters will join motorcyclists on Beale Street on April 22nd for Scoots on Beale (riders are asked to meet up before at Double J Smokehouse and Saloon). On April 23rd, the Dead Elvis Martini Party will happen at the home of Jay and Lettie Blundon starting at 7 pm leading up to the rally.
The rally will officially begin on April 24th and go through April 26th. Check out the schedule below:
- April 24th
- 5 pm to 9 pm: Meet ‘n Greet and Dinner at Memphis Made Brewing
- 9 pm: Night Ride through downtown Memphis to The Brass Door Pub
- April 25th
- 9 am: breakfast at Performance Plus Motorcycle and ATV
- 10 am: the long ride along country roads through Shelby County, Fayette County, and into Arlington where riders can grab lunch and participate in the Main Street Festival. After that, the scooters will head back to Mud Island. This ride will be about 100 miles long, scooters will be traveling between 50 mph and 55 mph. 125 cc scooters and above only, and start with a full tank. Gas and rest stops are planned.
- 10:30 am: short rides 1 and 2. For both rides, stops at each location will be 15-30 minutes, if you wish to stay at any location you can. All scooters are welcome for both short rides, top speed will be 40 mph, and each will end at Beale Street for lunch.
- Short Ride 1, Music Ride: Stops at Graceland, Stax Museum of American Soul Music, Sun Studio, and Ardent Studios.
- Short Ride 2, History Ride: Stops at Mid South Coliseum, The National Civil Rights Museum, Chucalissa Indian Village and Museum, and Elmwood Cemetery.
- 3 pm: Kingkhana (Dead Elvis version of gymkhana), scooter games, and judging at Mud Island River Park.
- 6 pm: dinner at downtown Central BBQ.
- 8 pm: Open Mic 8-Tracks Jam Sessions, music by The Tinglers and you!
- Late Night fun at Double J Smokehouse and Saloon.
- April 26th
- 10 am: Awards Breakfast and Raffle at Monroe Vintage Motors. You can win a brand new scooter during the raffle!
- Noon: leisure ride to Old Millington Winery and Shelby Forest State Park.
Registration costs $35, and gives you access to all rally events; four meals from Burger and Brat dinner Friday night, Quiche casserole breakfast Saturday morning, BBQ dinner Saturday night, and Prichard’s Distillery sponsored breakfast Sunday morning; and you get a bag of swag including a Dead Elvis shopping bag, access badge and lanyard, a Dead Elvis T-shirt, patch, button, acrylic pint glass, 2 scooter pies, 1 raffle ticket, and swag from vendors.