Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
This position is for an experienced and versatile marketing communications professional who can manage marketing communications projects for Youth Villages programs and states. The candidate should have the ability to direct and oversee projects with multiple stakeholders; be a natural collaborator; and be able to manage multiple work-streams and projects. He/She will serve as project manager when needed to ensure exceptional output and have a keen eye to detail.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of integrated marketing and communications principles. He/She must possess excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to generate proactive, engaging and effective communications. He/she should have experience and expertise in public relations, media relations, advertising, content marketing, strategy creation and print/multimedia/digital communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages a variety of communications projects for Youth Villages programs and states, including planning and implementation of national and state marketing and communications plans
• Manages public relations team (two to four people), providing strategic oversight and guidance
• Develops outreach and communication plans and campaigns
• Determine and use best communications channels and formats (i.e. graphics, video, photos and audio) to advance key messages, storylines and brand in collaboration with digital and PR teams
• Proactively seek out story ideas, trending topics, expert opportunities, etc. to highlight Youth Villages experts and family successes
• Contribute to the development and execution of national and state strategic communications plans through creative ideas, thoughtful campaigns, and current organizational and industry knowledge
• Manages proactive and reactive media relations strategy, in tandem with PR team members
• Create, update and supervise the creation of strong media lists, encourage sourcing additional outlets and contacts
• Oversee development, proofing and editing of content and materials by PR team (reports, news releases, media pitches, fact sheets, surveys, talking points, newsletters, articles, websites, speeches, scripts, presentations, videos)
• Proofread and edit written documents (including those mentioned in prior bullet)
• Work collaboratively with PR team to prepare staff spokespersons with training and coaching for media interviews, presentations, etc.
• Manages expectations and project/staff issues as they arise.
• Work collaboratively with leadership across the organization, as well as with digital and PR team members
• Monitors and identifies opportunities for awards, conferences, etc. as part of state communications strategies
• Performs other duties as requested by director of marketing and communications or chief marketing officer.
• Participate in state operations meetings and calls with PR coordinators and keep internal stakeholders up to date on marketing and communications activities and results
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing or a related field
• A minimum of 4 years public relations/marketing experience
• Strong PR writing skills, journalism/public relations background
• Hands-on understanding of content marketing/integrated marketing principles
• Intuitive, proactive, resourceful and creative
• Follows and identifies relevant news and industry trends
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills; able to interact successfully and build relationships with people of all levels inside and outside of the organization.
• Detail oriented, organized and collaborative
• Knowledge of PR principles and tactics, including high level crisis management
• Knowledge of additional media tools, including visual assets, audio formats
• History of securing high-level news media placements; ability to reach top-tier journalists
• Established media relationships (nationally, as well as regionally)
• Knowledge of communications tools such as Cision/TrendKite, PR Newswire, etc.; knowledge of Wrike a plus but not required
• Occasional travel required
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)