Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you! We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Under the general supervision of the CMO with dotted line to Director of Marketing & Communications and Director Digital Strategy & Creative Services, the Marketing & Communications Assistant assists with administrative duties, special projects, and various marketing, public relations and communications projects. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the department. Works with Chief Marketing Officer on administrative tasks, reports and other needs. Ideal candidate should have strong organization skills, comfortable in fast-paced environment and a basic knowledge of social media, media relations and PR practices.
- Creates and maintains news media lists and databases using Cision, Google Alerts, TalkWalker Alerts, manual searches or other tools.
- Monitors print and broadcast media for Youth Villages coverage.
- Assists with organization and maintenance of digital clip files.
- Reviews news releases, news advisors and opinion editorials as needed.
- Distributes electronically news releases and press materials.
- Supports media relations efforts, including special projects and events.
- Prepares and updates electronic and hard-copy media kits or other presentation material as needed.
- Prepares publicity and other department reports (such as quarterly board reports) as requested.
- Helps maintain the Public Relations archives.
- Organizes and updates Cumulus photo database, including but not limited to tagging, uploading of photos, etc.
- Assists with maintenance of YouTube account, including uploading and adding tags, as requested.
- Assists with uploading of information to the Newsroom on youthvillages.org.
- Conducts 2-3x annually audit of all Youth Villages trademarks to safeguard against any infringement.
- Works closely with vendors (i.e., printers, mail houses, videographers) as necessary on getting jobs out effectively.
- Supports administratively Chief Marketing Officer by managing accounts payable (invoicing, reconciling of credit card accounts, receipt collection, etc.), mail collection, calendar/meeting management as well as other administrative tasks as needed.
- Manages bi-weekly Marcom staff meetings by collecting agenda items and recording and distributing notes from meeting.
- Organizes and manage the storage closet, video equipment, banners, etc. including ordering office supplies for department.
- Manages all shipping requests and tracking for department.
- Distributes monthly dashboard reports which includes soliciting information from both digital and PR teams and inserting into template.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively across various teams and departments to ensure integration and sharing of information.
- Proficient writer with the ability as needed to write copy for news releases, annual report and marketing communications materials at the request of manager or director; assists with editing and proofreading upon request; familiar with AP Style.
- Performs additional duties at the request of the Director of Marketing and Communications; Director of Digital Strategy; or the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or marketing (required)
- 1-2 years of experience in public relations, communications or marketing (required)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Prescription Drug Coverage
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
403 (b) and FSA
Paid Parental Leave