Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based
treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping
troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of
programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to
make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you! We are looking for people with a
strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
We are looking to make a new addition to our growing Marketing & Communications team! As the Digital Content Writer, you will be a creative storyteller responsible for transforming ideas into words across
different digital and print marketing channels. You will work closely with our creative services and
marketing departments to manage and create content for multiple print and digital campaigns. Ability to
stay organized, follow project schedules, and meet deadlines is a must. You will expand your skill set and
writing ability as you work on projects that span a variety of channels and nation-wide campaigns. Being
part of the creative team, this role will be filled with fun, unique and diverse tasks: one day you may be
creating copy for a holiday-themed event, the next an interactive infographic. Understanding brands,
brand strategy and how brands are built is a plus.
- Create compelling integrated marketing content including blog posts, emails, website content,
social media content, press releases and marketing collateral.
- Strong copy editing and proofing skills. Attention to small details in both copy and design is
- Understands the importance of writing with keyword relevancy to optimize organic web traffic.
- Edit content produced by other members of the team
- Use SEO best practices to format and publish content.
- Ability to toggle between multiple brand voices with different target audiences. Ensure that these
voices are successfully executed across projects, maintaining consistency across all channels.
- Ensure content has a consistent look and feel and is properly formatted for various online channels.
- General experience with SEO techniques in writing and content structure.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once managing to deadline.
- Work closely with graphic designers to ensure tone and treatment of copy are in alignment with
- Graphic design experience (via Adobe suite) is a plus.
- Clear communication with both internal and remote teams to generate content strategy and copy for events, print collateral, digital campaigns, web copy and other materials.
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques.
- Travel to assigned locations as needed to collect content.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience and relevant portfolio samples
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403(b) and FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement