We are looking to make a new addition to our Marketing & Communications team! As the Digital Content Writer, you are a creative storyteller responsible for the creation of content and copy deliverables for digital and print needs. You embrace a collaborative approach and enjoy working together with different teams who share a common goal.
You’ll be involved in creating, organizing, adapting, and curating content daily in this position. You will also be part of a team dedicated to supporting a wide range of other content development projects that span various channels and nation-wide campaigns. Your ability to stay organized, follow project schedules, and meet deadlines is a must. Being a part of the creative team, this role will be filled with fun, unique and diverse tasks. Understanding the principles of integrated marketing, communications, and brand strategy is a plus.
This position is based solely out of our Memphis, TN office.
– Write marketing copy across various mediums, including web copy, blog post, social media (both paid and owned), email, mobile, display, and print collateral that delivers on our overall brand strategy.
– Understands the importance of writing with keyword relevancy to optimize organic web traffic and use SEO best practices.
– Maintains and enforces brand standards, including tone, and style, across all content.
– Identify opportunities to improve content by restructuring or filling coverage gaps proactively
– Write, proofread, and edit copy at various stages of the writing process.
– Take the initiative in generating ideas and suggestions on digital content strategy and solutions.
– Analyze content marketing metrics and makes changes as needed.
– Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once, managing to the deadline.
– Perform content audits, inventories, and preparing content gap analyses.
– Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas.
– Keep abreast of trends in content and style reflected on various media and marketing channels and editorial sphere.
– Travel to assigned locations as needed to collect content.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related field (required)
– 2+ years of writing experience and relevant portfolio samples (required)
– Experience with graphic design via Adobe Creative suite (plus)
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.