This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Directs the maintenance and improvement operations of YMCA facilities and vehicles, including preventative maintenance and related budgets.
- Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance.
- Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
- May assist in developing budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Participates with other members of management in the YMCA’s fundraising campaign.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Updates facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in facility management or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years experience in facility management or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Skills in supervision and project management.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- CPO or equivalent certification required within 120 days of employment.
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
- Familiarity with computers helpful.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.