This role will work with an energetic and cause-driven team to support the training and placement of new youth development employees. This includes communicating with newly hired youth development team members to issue training and ensure they meet Department of Human Services requirements for youth development and licensed child care. This position will also ensure continuing education requirements are initiated, communicated and documented. A person successful in this position is welcoming, helpful, supportive, detail oriented and driven
PAY RATE: $38,000 – $44,000
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING:
• Training and career development
• Health Insurance
• Employer-funded (12% of annual salary) retirement plan upon eligibility
• Free membership to any of our YMCA centers
• Flexible work schedule with paid time off
• Discounted program fees
• Opportunities to gain competencies in mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness, personal growth and development
1. High school diploma, or equivalent, plus 1-2 years of experience with resource management, training or DHS licensing is preferred but not required.
2. Strong verbal, relational and written communication skills
3. Must demonstrate an ability to work independently in a fast paced, goal oriented environment.
4. Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is required.
5. Must be detail oriented
6. Ability to work productively as part of multiple teams is required
1. Coordinate and communicate with newly hired youth development staff in the completion of pre-placement trainings and tracking
2. In collaboration with Human Resources and the Executive Director, develop strategies, process improvement ideas and techniques to help reduce vacancy rates and/or turnover for the program.
3. Front line team member for newly hired childcare staff and current team member support, ensuring a seamless and positive experience from start to finish in training
4. Manage phone calls and queries regarding positions and the onboarding process.
5. Ensure completion, and maintain accurate records of new hire forms and background checks/fingerprinting and DHS training for employees hired in youth development roles
6. Works collaboratively with leadership to manage training events throughout the year
7. Connect youth development team to community resources for ongoing training needs
8. Provides general administrative support and assists with other projects as needed.
9. Responsible for executing strong communication pipelines in the employee tracking Ability to maintain flexibility with scheduling to meet employee needs database for all youth development positions.
If you are a focused and goal oriented individual wanting to make a difference and be an impactful member of a growing team and organization, then apply today!