Are you a person of compassion, or an advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable, and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you wish to use your accounting, project management, and organization strengths for greater community impact? World Relief is doing big things and we believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor. World Relief seeks an Operations and Finance Manager who seeks to join our team and grow with us. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Office Director and Program Managers with financial, administrative and office management functions for the overall operation of World Relief Memphis in order to facilitate the mission of the organization.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
Missional and Office Leadership
• Embody the mission, vision and values as a leader and an example for staff, volunteers, clients and the community
• Support the World Relief Memphis Leadership Team as they set office-wide policy and procedures, organizational initiatives, and strategic planning
• Demonstrate a strong focus on cross-program and cross-office integration to meet program, staff and community goals
• Seek to integrate volunteers, church partners and community members into aspects of work where appropriate
Financial Management Functions
Responsible for oversight of all financial aspects of the office:
o Supervise the office finance staff (bookkeeping function) as well as other staff working in day-to-day logistics and operations of the offices
o Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of financial procedures at the local level
o Ensure local office compliance with World Relief Corporate Headquarters financial policies
o Manage accounts payable, including coding and approval of invoices, expense reports and check requests
o Manage accounts receivable, including coding and allocation of donation, fee, and grant income
o Analyze financial information from World Relief Corporate Headquarters and prepare financial reports, internally as well as for grantors
o Maintain files for all grants, including copies of approved budgets and amendments, grant reports, payroll sheets, and general ledger
o Oversee use of office petty cash funds and credit cards
Work with the Executive Director and Program Directors regarding overall development and implementation of general office and department budgets
Participate as a member of the Development Team regarding privately raised funds and administrative needs of the offices
Monitor expenses and propose budget amendments as needed throughout the financial year
Integrate local budgets and budget processes with the ERP as developed by WR HQ
Support the Executive Director with reports, fundraising, and other financial matters as needed
Office Management and Administrative Functions
Serve as the coordinator for office management and facility needs
o Office logistics and organization
o Information Technology
o Special projects support – including annual fundraising event, conferences and volunteer events
Liaison with the World Relief Corporate Headquarters on matters pertaining to human resources, legal, and payroll
o Be aware of HR and payroll policies and procedures and ensure that program managers are implementing them
o Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in the local office
Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience required
• Management experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
• Highly detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Extensive financial grants management experience preferred
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office programs
• Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and multi-cultural environment
• Able to work well with others in a professional, friendly, and flexible manner
• Cross-cultural experience desired
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years in finance and/or operations role
• Christian faith and a heart for service to vulnerable people
• Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
• Committed to the mission, vision and values of World Relief
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
• The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
• General office setting.
• Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
• Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
• Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
• Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
• All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.