Memphis is a one-of-a-kind city, rich in history and music, truly authentic, and boasting a dynamic culinary scene. It sits on the mighty Mississippi River, and is home to the National Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studio, Stax Museum of American Soul, Graceland, The Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Redbirds, 901 FC, University of Memphis, and the Memphis Zoo, (and that’s just scratching the surface).
Career Level: Experienced
WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks a Producer of live sports. The responsibility of a Producer is to research, plan, and produce, specific television programming. To provide technical expertise during production and manage the completion of the program, including editing and final documentation. Responsibilities include overseeing and coordination of the production crew and correspondence with the announce team, the school and the conference sports information departments. A producer also ensures that scripts and tape features for the broadcasts meet intentions & requirements.
Other responsibilities, not related to specific job skills, include time management, the aptitude to communicate and work cohesively with many different types of individuals.
- Line produce for live sports including by not limited to: Men’s and Women’s basketball, Women’s volleyball, Women’s and Men’s soccer, Men’s baseball, Women’s softball, track and field
- Line produce ancillary sports programs
- Feature produce for ancillary shows include organizing, shooting, interviewing, logging, writing and editing stories
- Assist in the organization and planning of the elements for the game and show broadcasts which includes graphics, animations, music, game/show opens, sponsored features, and the general creative look of all broadcasts
- Make editorial decisions regarding assembly of information and content of broadcasts
- Provide training and direction to production team members
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ prior experience in a broadcast sports production leadership role
- Great people skills with a solid background in building and cultivating strategic relationships both internal and external
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- College Degree preferred
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products