The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Tennessee is accepting applications for a full-time Systems Manager in Memphis, TN. The Court is comprised of four judges and their chambers staff, and the Clerk’s staff of 41 employees. The Court maintains a divisional office in Jackson, TN.
The Systems Manager reports directly to the Chief Deputy Clerk, provides managerial and technical oversight of the Bankruptcy Court’s automated systems, including case management systems, courtroom automation, financial systems, inventory and procurement systems, video conference and telecommunications systems, and local and wide area network systems. The manager is responsible for managing, developing, and mentoring the automation staff and is expected to communicate effectively, in non-technical language to various parties regarding a range of matters. The Systems Manager must display strong leadership and managerial skills.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Manage, develop, and mentor subordinate staff and other professionals involved in information technology activities, including establishing standards, assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, and handling disciplinary actions. Oversee the daily operation of the department to include analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, and setting deadlines.
• Evaluate the organization’s technology use and needs. Develop and implement both short-term and long-range automation improvement plans which include consideration of unit needs, objectives, and capabilities, including anticipation of future requirements and obstacles.
• Manage the court’s technology and telecommunications capabilities. Maintain oversight of the quality of web development and management to ensure user needs are consistently met. Manage and develop remote and mobile information systems. Maintain oversight of automation equipment and property inventory.
• Develop specific system features to satisfy unique unit needs. Make adaptations to national systems and/or participate in the planning for, and the acquisition of, specific systems for the court unit. Develop cost-benefit analyses for various information technology projects. Meet established deadlines and commitments.
• Implement, establish, and maintain security policies and procedures for all automation systems, networks, software, and equipment to protect court systems and data; assist in and/or coordinate the development and dissemination of annual IT security training.
• Manage the department’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and ensure annual testing and updates.
• Plan, manage, and control information technology budget, expenditures, and property and equipment procurement activities in consultation with senior management.
Please see vacancy posting for full details on our jobs page: https://www.tnwb.uscourts.gov/
All below documents are required to be combined and submitted in a single PDF file.
1. Cover letter that includes a brief narrative describing your management style and why you are suitable candidate for the position.
2. A resume with detailed work history, duties and three professional references.
3. A complete AO78, Judicial Application for Employment: Link – https://www.uscourts.gov/Appli
4. Copy of academic transcript and/or proof of certifications.
Consideration will only be given to those who apply through the court’s online applicant tracking system and provide a cover letter, resume, references, and a Judicial Application for Employment (AO78) in a single PDF file. To apply, visit our applicant tracking system at: TNWB Applicant Tracking Site.
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. The Court will only communicate with those applicants who will be interviewed. Applicants selected for interviews will be communicated to through email and must travel at their own expense and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed. The first interview will be by videoconference. If warranted, the second interview may be required to be in-person at the Memphis office.