JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the ARCHIBUS Product Manager, this position assists the manager in the overall administration and management of the ARCHIBUS environment, including product management, day-to-day operations/maintenance, system configuration and support/upgrades, and vendor management of the facility operations systems in support of the University’s core mission. Ensures the ARCHIBUS system operates with stability and consistency and technical issues are addressed quickly. Develops/maintains an expertise for the functionality of the system and supports all users in their use of the application to perform their job functions. Uses the Lean 6 Sigma methodology and tools to continuously improve the ARCHIBUS processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high quality training and customer service to Facilities craftspeople and Business Office, as well as campus customers to support their use of ARCHIBUS.
- Serves as the backup administrator of the university’s ARCHIBUS facility operations system and ensuring system operations remain stable and all related communications for Facilities and campus users (e.g. announcements, updates, changes, new releases, outages, etc.) are provided effectively.
- Provides direct ARCHIBUS help desk services for requests not handled by the ITS Helpdesk, manages user accounts and permissions, provides end user support to the campus community, and stays current with ARCHIBUS and other related computer technology and integration software.
- Serves as ARCHIBUS Backup Point of Contact with Vendor and subject matter expert (SME) for campus. Works with vendors to design, develop, configure, and deploy ARCHIBUS application to various user groups.
- Works with ITS to configure and update iPad devices for field use by facilities staff. Communicates with vendor to troubleshoot issues.
- Assists with overseeing/reviewing software licenses, statements of work, and contract.
- Acts as liaison with ARCHIBUS project team, during projects, as needed.
- Provides knowledge in deploying Lean 6 Sigma programs and initiatives and works with teams to achieve desired results using Lean 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Assists in process mapping and reviewing operational procedures for system design and customization, as well as improvement in efficiency of operations. Accomplishes measurable business process improvements.
- Conducts periodic project reviews to ensure that the execution of the project complies with the Lean 6 Sigma standards.
- Works with campus customers to document current processes, identify process improvement opportunities, and develop future processes using ARCHIBUS functionality. Researches and analyzes emerging technologies, as well as participates in team trainings.
- Attends annual User Conference and technical conference to improve ARCHIBUS skills. Participates in UTHSC user group and regular meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in applying computer technology to solve complex user and business problems and needs; OR a combination of related education and experience to equal ten (10) years. (Three (3) years of related experience in systems analysis, support and troubleshooting of computing applications and systems, or web-based technology preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Programming skills in high-level language, such as PHP, HTML, SQL, or PL/SQL and knowledge of relational databases.
- High degree of computer literacy with large-scale systems, such as ARCHIBUS.
- High degree of computer/technology literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, web-based applications, mobile devices, iPads).
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry/trades (e.g. general contracting, construction project management, electrical, HVAC, custodial).
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills — Possess strong documentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and effectively with personnel of diverse rank and levels of technical expertise.
- Ability to acquire new skills through self-study and examination of pertinent documentation.
- Ability to work with people under demanding circumstances, while maintaining a professional, pleasant and helpful demeanor.
- Ability to train and to provide a high level of customer service to individuals with varying levels of basic digital skills, with a positive, calming attitude that promotes learning.
- Ability to deliver differentiated instruction (format and content) to meet the needs of our diverse end-user population.
- Ability to work independently towards a defined goal — Self-motivation and self-discipline are key.
Technical knowledge and understanding of systems development, including but not limited to relational databases, query languages, and programming languages, as well as business tools, such as: ARCHIBUS, OnBase by Hyland, the Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, and other desktop applications.
Strong knowledge of Lean Six Sigma DMAIC phases and tools, or the desire to learn.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position may be occasionally required to work evenings and weekends. May require occasional overnight travel.